The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 79

I would be thanking those who took their time to translate, redraw and quality check every chapters. They can’t all explain to you why the artist chose to draw the new characters the way they did.

Anywho, Thank you for the mass release! 🥰

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Tikibo you are just wrong, the empire's folk have characteristically longer and more angled faces, also their noses tend to be bigger
These new people, the few of them we've seen, have round soft faces with very pronounced cheekbones and obviously bigger mouths and limps. Also their hands are larger relative to their body size though they appear to be not as tall as your average imperial.
When compared to the average sized servants they appear to be shorter, but that could be only a matter of perspective, though when the you compare the matriarch with Leslie, who is dwarfed by the average empire citizen, she is only slightly shorter than Tependel. So yeah they're probably shorter on average

There are your distinct phenotypes

aaaaa thanks for the mass release 😊!! glad to see the translation still ongoing :)
I have mixed feelings about the portrayal of PoC here and I clearly need more knowledge and perspectives on it before being able to say anything substantial... thoughts anybody? 😴

Aggregator gang
@reu I stand corrected. They really have more "subtler" and less angled lines. So the author definitely did that on purpose. Good catch and thank you for taking your time and writing this. But I can't agree that they are generally shorter. It looks like only Tepentel is visibly shorter. Rest of the group is barely shorter than Ruenti.

Dex-chan lover
@Tikibo Are you sure the author wanted to include a racial theme? Maybe the author just wanted to introduce a group of foreigners because the story needs them. They might be real characters, not representatives of a race. Give them the benefit of doubt.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
I'm more inclined to think that way myself, because of the difference in height, build, facial structure, etc.

Almost like diversity amongst humans is a common thing!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
How pretty they are! This new character reminds me a little of Oracle from the matrix but way more expressive.

The Salvatore family’s miracle lololol this woman looks like a really good person 😂

But now I want more 🥺🥺🥺🥺

How is this telling her everything?
This trope of keeping important information from someone and for way too long "for their own good, because they would worry too much" is really annoying and I see it in a lot of manga way too often.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Tikibo yeah I dunno about that too, we have to wait and properly see them next to other characters. Though Tependel is definitely a shorty

they said pronunciation that sounds like a vibrating drum and i immediately thought of a nigerian language (african) then all of a sudden there’s black people. i expected them to be arabs because that’s the only other race these types of stories like to showcase, they don’t even show asians just white people and arabs. well i like this :)

*after looking at the comments*
the author and artist did a great job including diversity and race. but i fucking hate how everyone decided to psychoanalyze the black people’s features. WHY? seriously tell me why. because i’ve never seen these types of comments when there are arab characters introduced in the european setting, not when there are asian characters. why the FUCK are you debating hm? to an ACTUAL black person who just looked at the characters and was like “wow there’s black people cool” i was happy. then i come to the comments of fucking idiots debating about why the author made them shorter, made their faces rounder, or made their fucking hands bigger. can you SIT TF DOWN and read the story? in the first place you’re comparing their height to the salvatores??? are you DUMB or did you forget that the salvatore are basically super humans? i know black people being included in these comics is new, it’s fine to be surprised but how the FUCK did this turn into a topic of your idiotic debate? THATS the issue. stop debating on the racial description of the fucking characters AND READ.

@stewmberto well... a lot of Europeans were scarred by black people for a while, remember that fear of unknown is a basic human emotion, and seeing some people that look similar to you but a different at the same time could trigger some basic reflexes. Even babies tend to group amongst with the similar looking.

Dex-chan lover
Energetic woman... Interesting.

Lady Salvadore only told the surface details. If she told everything in one go, Leslie will be traumatized.

Users who are viewing this thread