The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 28

Oh God, I hope she isn't as dimwitted as she appears. It's be nice if the recipient of the Duchess's letter was the Queen Dowager and she's just playing him like a fiddle

He thinks he is so smart, that is why he is going to lose.
When the Duchess is actually investigating his family and what they did to use on trial, he is relling in poor act and contacts, instead of trying to find something to use against the Duchess...
I am also pretty curious about the Queen because, from the raws, my impression is that she doesn't like him, but I may be wrong....

Dex-chan lover
at the beginning I thougth the story will mainly play after she got adopted, but seeing how long it takes for the trial (that dicides if she has to stay with her family or can be adopted) to start I start to think that it will all end after the trail and I don't like that thougth that mutch

Thank you for the translation but this chapter just makes me sick. Ugh, can this bastard just get burned in hell where he belongs?

I forgot the novel only has 4 chapters translated and I wanted to read ahead and see what happened 😭

Double-page supporter
Dude is actually doing what the Duchess expected, next thing you know he will be rolling over and shaking paw if she can just as easily guessing and persuade him.

Dex-chan lover
I am hoping that Leslie uses her power to rip him limb from limb at the end of the trial.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing that chain my first thought was, there's no way the chain would be shown and not used... I hope i'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
If all had gone to plan... is he serious? IF ALL HAD GONE TO PLAN SHE WOULD HAVE DIED IN A FUCKING FIRE. holy shit is he just delusional at this point?

Also no joke i am worried for everyone in the room if they decide to send leslie back to her bio family. at that point theres no reason NOT to unleash the undead spirits of thousands of years worth of second child sacrifices on the entire kingdom.

I'm guessing that Leslie purple eyes and Silver hair are the true bloodlines it's just that the ones with blond hair and green eyes are of the bloodline but just have a weaker power. So out of jealousy, they started killing off those that aren't blond hair for the power.

@wilddeath I doubt the spirits will target the whole kingdom just that family will be targeted and probably anyone that knows about it and did nothing to stop them.

Users who are viewing this thread