The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - Dancing In The Palm of His Hand

Dex-chan lover
Well shit. I guess she's gone too. Author is actually killing off people behind the scenes a lot.
Yeah, lowkey sad about her dying 'cuz I honestly wanted to see her grow up, become strong, try to kick Noel's ass, inevitably fail, and turn into a recurring character that's occasionally antagonistic, but learns just how hard being a Seeker is, and begrudgingly respects Noel deep down, even if she outwardly resents him

Oh well

Yeah, lowkey sad about her dying 'cuz I honestly wanted to see her grow up, become strong, try to kick Noel's ass, inevitably fail, and turn into a recurring character that's occasionally antagonistic, but learns just how hard being a Seeker is, and begrudgingly respects Noel deep down, even if she outwardly resents him

Oh well
That sounds like a great character arc. And now I'm sad for missing something that hasn't even happened.

Dex-chan lover

Oh well
What makes it worse, is that it is MC's fault...

Like it was one thing to get his revenge by taking all their money. but in doing so he knew he would be putting them in that situation, but still did it anyway.

So his actions directly caused her death.
He's just as bad as this antag, only difference is, he pretends his hands are clean. So in a way, he's worse.

What makes it worse, is that it is MC's fault...

Like it was one thing to get his revenge by taking all their money. but in doing so he knew he would be putting them in that situation, but still did it anyway.

So his actions directly caused her death.
He's just as bad as this antag, only difference is, he pretends his hands are clean. So in a way, he's worse.
Wow...
The 'mayor' lied about the job (there were more bandids than what was told), tried to kill him with poison, tried to pay less than the agreed and then finally told the crime boss that the MC trash talked about the crime sindicate.
And is MC fault for all of this?
In my opinion the ones that are at fault is the mayor that did all of this, the ones that made that order and the ones that did it, MC is clean in this matter.
Where is the hell MC pretends that his hands are clean?
He is in a job that could kill him any time, he need to make the people around him be afraid to betray him.
And he is worse than someone that is actively trying to torture physically or emotionally someone?

Dex-chan lover
Wow...
The 'mayor' lied about the job (there were more bandids than what was told), tried to kill him with poison, tried to pay less than the agreed and then finally told the crime boss that the MC trash talked about the crime sindicate.
And is MC fault for all of this?
In my opinion the ones that are at fault is the mayor that did all of this, the ones that made that order and the ones that did it, MC is clean in this matter.
Where is the hell MC pretends that his hands are clean?
He is in a job that could kill him any time, he need to make the people around him be afraid to betray him.
And he is worse than someone that is actively trying to torture physically or emotionally someone?
MC knew what would happen...

If you know about something then intentionally take an action that ensures someones death, knowingly.

You are just as guilty.

Had MC not taken that action she wouldn't be dead.

Not to mention MC could have easily done something to prevent her death as well....

But no, instead he decided to turn a blind eye and get her killed.

You can use all the cope you want, that's the facts, MC knew and made things worse, instead of just leaving.

MC knew what would happen...

If you know about something then intentionally take an action that ensures someones death, knowingly.

You are just as guilty.

Had MC not taken that action she wouldn't be dead.

Not to mention MC could have easily done something to prevent her death as well....

But no, instead he decided to turn a blind eye and get her killed.

You can use all the cope you want, that's the facts, MC knew and made things worse, instead of just leaving.

Okay, so the MC is guilty?
What MC could have done?

Leave without doing anything?
There would be another adventurer that would be poisoned by the couple or something like that.
The MC would be guilty of not doing anything.

Leave and report the couple?
The Mayor would be banned from posting quests, making the next bandit attack or monster attack destroy the vilage because no clan would want to go to a village where they would poison then
Or the Guild would fine the village and the money would be taken from them and the same would happen.
And the MC would be guilty.

Take only what was combined?
There was not enogh money to pay him and the debt.
The MC would be guilty.

Do anything above and take the girl?
The MC would be guilty of kidnapping and would have a minor to take cara while trying to become the strongest.

Telling MC is guilty of anything about this situation is the same as saying that an electrician that came to a house to fix the wiring is guilty of making the owners not pay the water bills next month because he charged then for his job.

If you tell me what exactly Mc should have done I will agree with you, but until now all I read was: Mc with his godly powers should have foreseen the future e done something about that.

And what about the couple? They are guilty? The guy that killed the girl? They are guilty? The one that commanded them?

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so the MC is guilty?
What MC could have done?

Leave without doing anything?
There would be another adventurer that would be poisoned by the couple or something like that.
The MC would be guilty of not doing anything.

Leave and report the couple?
The Mayor would be banned from posting quests, making the next bandit attack or monster attack destroy the vilage because no clan would want to go to a village where they would poison then
Or the Guild would fine the village and the money would be taken from them and the same would happen.
And the MC would be guilty.

Take only what was combined?
There was not enogh money to pay him and the debt.
The MC would be guilty.

Do anything above and take the girl?
The MC would be guilty of kidnapping and would have a minor to take cara while trying to become the strongest.

Telling MC is guilty of anything about this situation is the same as saying that an electrician that came to a house to fix the wiring is guilty of making the owners not pay the water bills next month because he charged then for his job.

If you tell me what exactly Mc should have done I will agree with you, but until now all I read was: Mc with his godly powers should have foreseen the future e done something about that.

And what about the couple? They are guilty? The guy that killed the girl? They are guilty? The one that commanded them?
Anything other than what he did would have been better XD
He knew exactly what would happen, and not only did he not do anything, He made things worse.

Remember he didn't just take what was his, he also took everything that also wasn't his.

MC ain't a saint he was a thief also.

Anything other than what he did would have been better XD
He knew exactly what would happen, and not only did he not do anything, He made things worse.

Remember he didn't just take what was his, he also took everything that also wasn't his.

MC ain't a saint he was a thief also.
I think you fail to understand that the MC isn't a good guy, he doesn't need to be a good guy in this world.
Neither is he a bad guy though, he is just a guy who wants to survive as a seeker and oh boy it's a dog eat dog world there. He can't be naive and let people get away with things because it's his head on the chopping block instead, he is a realist and we should be used to the way he deals with problems by now.
He was involved in the tragedy of what happened to that family yes but it was entirely the sins of the father which killed them, shouldn't have borrowed from the Yakuza, shouldn't have tried to scam someone whose entire job is always putting their lives at risk and he SHOULD have run away with his family the moment he no longer had any money rather than be an idiot and expect a crime syndicate would play into his hands without them first making him and his family a statistic.

Dex-chan lover
I think you fail to understand that the MC isn't a good guy, he doesn't need to be a good guy in this world.
Neither is he a bad guy though, he is just a guy who wants to survive as a seeker and oh boy it's a dog eat dog world there. He can't be naive and let people get away with things because it's his head on the chopping block instead, he is a realist and we should be used to the way he deals with problems by now.
He was involved in the tragedy of what happened to that family yes but it was entirely the sins of the father which killed them, shouldn't have borrowed from the Yakuza, shouldn't have tried to scam someone whose entire job is always putting their lives at risk and he SHOULD have run away with his family the moment he no longer had any money rather than be an idiot and expect a crime syndicate would play into his hands without them first making him and his family a statistic.
I think you fail to understand the hypocrisy of his logic and how he is ignoring his own accountability...

Acting like he is sad she is gone when he caused it XD

He might as well have been the one to kill her.

Dex-chan lover
wow she's ded... The dystopian shit in this manga reminds me a lot more cyberpunk stories rather than the usual fantasy manga.

Also it's funny the other guy blaming the MC. Are you seriously gonna act civilized and be all forgiving saint when someone tries to screw and kill you? Hell, i doubt it. In the real world you'd probably report them to the police, sued them and ruin their life, 0 fuck given whether they have family or not. Same difference.

Plus that girl ain't MC's family, they're strangers ffs. her well being is ain't his problem.

Dex-chan lover
wow she's ded... The dystopian shit in this manga reminds me a lot more cyberpunk stories rather than the usual fantasy manga.

Also it's funny the other guy blaming the MC. Are you seriously gonna act civilized and be all forgiving saint when someone tries to screw and kill you? Hell, i doubt it. In the real world you'd probably report them to the police, sued them and ruin their life, 0 fuck given whether they have family or not. Same difference.

Plus that girl ain't MC's family, they're strangers ffs. her well being is ain't his problem.
It feels mostly like a mafia story to me.

Dex-chan lover
I feel fuckin depressed dude why'd she have to die?!?! that was a legit gut punch. I was worried ever since her dad reappeared cuz I just smthn bad would happen but I was hoping the author wouldnt do it! ;~;

Dex-chan lover
I think you fail to understand the hypocrisy of his logic and how he is ignoring his own accountability...

Acting like he is sad she is gone when he caused it XD

He might as well have been the one to kill her.
Ruthlessness and empathy are not mutually exclusive.
He is not a madman, nor a man relishing in evil.
Robbing (yes, I agree on this part) the chief is a calculated ruthless move. It's meant to show to everyone that he can and will fuck you over if you try to fuck with him. It's an overwhelming cruel threat that shows he is not above cruelty, and you WILL suffer if you mess with him

And he knows this. You think someone as smart as him can't realize the consequences of his actions? He is a weakling with a nigh unreachable dream in a society of strength. He has judged, rightly but cruelly, that compromises will only slow him down, if not outright kill him.

He knows he is sinful. He knows he's wrong. And he's ruthless enough to set that aside to achieve his dream. Is this bad? Yes. Does he know? Yes. Is it irrelevant to a purely practical realist stance? Yes. Does it still hurt? Unfortunately, Yes.

Sidenote: The fact that you think that the murderers should not "be sad they killed someone" shows a lot about you. Psychopaths and apathetics of that degree are very rare. A normal human murderer can still get sad about someone they care.
I suggest not rotting your brain with internet edgelord crap. Go read some comedy or non ecchi slice of life. Detox a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Ruthlessness and empathy are not mutually exclusive.
He is not a madman, nor a man relishing in evil.
Robbing (yes, I agree on this part) the chief is a calculated ruthless move. It's meant to show to everyone that he can and will fuck you over if you try to fuck with him. It's an overwhelming cruel threat that shows he is not above cruelty, and you WILL suffer if you mess with him

And he knows this. You think someone as smart as him can't realize the consequences of his actions? He is a weakling with a nigh unreachable dream in a society of strength. He has judged, rightly but cruelly, that compromises will only slow him down, if not outright kill him.

He knows he is sinful. He knows he's wrong. And he's ruthless enough to set that aside to achieve his dream. Is this bad? Yes. Does he know? Yes. Is it irrelevant to a purely practical realist stance? Yes. Does it still hurt? Unfortunately, Yes.

Sidenote: The fact that you think that the murderers should not "be sad they killed someone" shows a lot about you. Psychopaths and apathetics of that degree are very rare. A normal human murderer can still get sad about someone they care.
I suggest not rotting your brain with internet edgelord crap. Go read some comedy or non ecchi slice of life. Detox a bit.
Bruh... all that comment, to still ignore the fact he was responsible, and pretends like he wasn't. Getting "Justice" when his own head should have been on the chopping block as well.

Also... ain't no one who kills an innocent little girl, being sad they did... they're already too far gone. You confuse "should" and "would". I ain't saying they shouldn't I'm saying they wouldn't.
Might want to learn the different of those terms.

Users who are viewing this thread