The New Gate - Ch. 103

Dex-chan lover
Nuke it from the orbit, it's the only way to be sure!
Apparently doesn't always work, since some can apparently outrun your bombardment.
That only worked because they got shit nukes :Z
Shin prob could have just negated/shielded against a fireball bombardment but decided it isn't worth saving the shinobi lol.

Without his party members to use Party/Union skills or whatever it was called he could probably only save a few at most.
Shin does not have a lot of wide-area defensive skills by himself.

He is a Samurai class with a bunch of holy/dark magic from personal training/side quests.
(which again, is very unusual )
They were a physical single-target DPS / tank class but did not have a lot of skills to protect others than himself.
(but with the crazy amount of extra skills he has it's still a fair bit )

He is basically a barbarian with extra magic skills.
The Barbarian class + the Knight class were the prerequisite for the Samurai class which is why it was unpopular.
( Manga Chapter 23 for a reference for all the above-mentioned things )

So he would have to body block for them if he wanted to keep them alive.
And that would make him very suspicious as surviving that type of attack is not normal.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Does he have his other NPCs that could've moved there during the hundreds of years?
Also, I saw the anime is in its final episodes, can anyone tell me how is it so far?
I dropped it after episode 1 because they already started skipping some details right off the bat.

Dex-chan lover
Animation and skipped content. Yeah sad showing for an otherwise decent series, the anime is just hot garbage
im not even touching the anime again after watching the artstyle changed and the animation is trash
god damn it, i want a better adaption not like that
atleast with tsukimichi, the artstyle isnt that bad. Why they cant do it with this series

Contributor
I feel like this is proceeding rather slowly. They got attacked by ninjas who were ready to erase their own downed comrades in case of defeat, but did not pursue them the closer to the mountain they went. Did they want to protect a secret or something, then stayed away for their own safety or expectation that Shin and friends would get done in halfway up the mountain?

More questions than answers for now.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Does he have his other NPCs that could've moved there during the hundreds of years?
Also, I saw the anime is in its final episodes, can anyone tell me how is it so far?
I dropped it after episode 1 because they already started skipping some details right off the bat.
Anime adaptation is mediocre. It does a good job adapting the story to anime, but doesn't have any other strengths.
I think other people in this thread are overreacting.

Anime is currently at the point where MC and a princess are stuck in Holy Land, so they'll probably end the story with them regrouping in the fortress city.

Aaaaaah, I'm caught up and now my life is empty again
You can always read the novel translation. But it will not solve the fundamental problem, just put it off for a dozen volumes.

Dex-chan lover
Anime adaptation is mediocre. It does a good job adapting the story to anime, but doesn't have any other strengths.
I think other people in this thread are overreacting.

Anime is currently at the point where MC and a princess are stuck in Holy Land, so they'll probably end the story with them regrouping in the fortress city.
That last anime ep was...really bad. Its like the animation dropped off a cliff. And the story was completely butchered, and rushed just to end it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That last anime ep was...really bad. Its like the animation dropped off a cliff. And the story was completely butchered.
I have to admit, you're right. The director really messed up there. It doesn't even work well as a "go read the manga and novel" advertisement.
My guess is, the plan was to have 13 episodes, but for some reason they had to change to 12 episodes at the last moment.

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit, you're right. The director really messed up there. It doesn't even work well as a "go read the manga and novel" advertisement.
My guess is, the plan was to have 13 episodes, but for some reason they had to change to 12 episodes at the last moment.
13 would never have ben enough. They ignored his Neko friend, the couple with their daughter, Marino's backstory, AND had Will and the nun come to the city to fight. I get they needed to squeeze things into it to have an ending. But damn. Anyone reading the LN/Manga are gonna be shocked at what they find out.

Users who are viewing this thread