The New Gate - Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
Man, she better remember him...

I tell ya, she said: "COME,"
... and I was like: baby, I'm close!

Dex-chan lover
It's the snake (Guardian Beast like the wolf contracted with Tieria), and the Level 930+ NPC Samurai (old game RAID-level event NPC).

The cap for the game was 500, and Shin was only able to break that after getting the Limit Breaker buff from beating the final boss and clearing the game.

I thought level limit was 255. But you could reroll characters of different races and stack stats. Once you reroll all races to max and meet some conditions you get high humans which is why they were so strong and so few of them.

Limit break didn't up his level, it let him break through the 999 stat limit and doubled his stats

Dex-chan lover
She looks freaking awesome. That armor and the calm demeanor. Even with the helmet on she looks fine.

Dex-chan lover
They sped through the parts they shouldn't have and slowed down in the parts that needed to be skipped. It was basically a 12 episode waste of time.
Thank you, you answered my question before I even asked lol. Cliff H. Anger strikes again.

Fed-Kun's army
Cant believe they finally got this far, I remember reading this chapter in the LN back in like 2018

Fed-Kun's army
For now, it seems:

Hiding Shin's powers, technics & end-game assets > Giving Munechika an enjoyable fight.

Let's see if that changes when his battle maniac self drops in for a visit.

Dex-chan lover
Is the monkey paw strong with the anime adaption?
Anime adaptation is mediocre overall, but they really failed at the ending. The anime would automatically be 100 points better if they did have OP cat bartender in it.
Feels like they were suddenly told there is no money for 13th episode, so they had to make things fit into 12.

so its the snake, kinda disappointed that the snake is drawn like that and shown a little panel only, i guess thats why i thought it was just a "normal" snake KEK
I guess the artist did not feel confident in drawing Orochi properly. I mean, where do you get references for drawing 8-headed snakes?

Dex-chan lover
I still can't believe they looked at it and went "the appeal of this story is that Shin is a Kirito".

I'm guessing, from the fact there's a dozen folk with producer credits alone on MAL for a 13-episode show, it was a cursed production. The anime industry is stretched way to thin.

Edit: I just realized how many of the key staff for The New Gate were also on Whisper Me A Love Song, which aired the same season and had to delay the last few episodes due to production problems.
This manga is SAO but good, but the anime was SAO but cheap

Dex-chan lover
This was the first interesting chapter in a while.
I love this at the beginning, but it was suffering from isekai lazy writing.

Is it just me, or after a few years reading manga everyday, Japanese settings in fantasy stories gets tiring?
I mean, if you eat the some thing everyday, you'll get bored of it

Aggregator gang
Would be interesting to run into more bosses that remember Shin from the game era.

Is the monkey paw strong with the anime adaption?
Adding on to what others said, there were episodes where the characters would look off model, repeatedly. Fight scenes were choreographed and animated poorly. It really was disappointing toward the end.

Users who are viewing this thread