The New Gate - Ch. 99

Dex-chan lover
yah. that can be one of the reason
not sure tho, im not a LN reader

Dex-chan lover
Cmon, the difference between the normal mob and the high ranked ones are… number of whiskers.
The artist should be more creative than that. Though it’s very likely the high ranked one will get chopped in one attack, so the artist didn’t feel like putting much more effort. /shrug

Every chapter is a chapter closer to LN vol 13, thanks as always for TL

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this attack was deliberately incited as a means to assassinate the Kujou lady, given how apparently the attack is uncharacteristically strong.
Yeah that's also the vibe i'm getting. Someone's being a jerk and they're going to see an end coming.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, not always, but this is the world of a video game so it's one that got coded as a start, rather than formed more naturally.
Actually, in this case the "Japan" in question was founded by the companion NPCs of several Japanese player guilds with a strong focus on Samurais, Ninjas & traditional Japanese asthetics after the Dusk of the Majesty, as told by Gaien in chapter 23. Your point still somewhat stands since the country was built under the influence of those player's NPCs rather than naturally developing without any connection to the actual Japan.

Thanks for the chapter, but holy crap what is your typesetter doing?

Don't put text diagonally or make it different sizes if you can't fit it. Just hyphenate properly. My god.

Contributor
The new girl's name is Kanade, not Haruna as I erroneously noted down. Haruna is her sick older sister then. She is a noble on a quest to find a cure for her sister, I'm guessing.

Hinomoto. As a phrase the similar sounding, "Hi no Moto" (日の本) means Origin of the Sun, which is blatantly and on the nose name for isekai Land of the Rising Sun.

That attack has to be orchestrated. If regular attacks at sea were as powerful as that, ships like this wouldn't be plying this trade route anymore. Kanade being an archer is very convenient for this attack, since she can fight the sea serpents at a distance and not wait for it to get close or have to jump to attack. I guess she gets a turn to shine next chapter?

Users who are viewing this thread