The New Gate - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Contributor
I feel a little sad for Schnee, but I hope his feelings for her (and his answer to that question about leaving her behind) is something that can change for the better along the way. Understandably, to him it hasn't been a long time since she was just a virtual NPC that he himself designed. But now she is real to him and has feelings for him. Treating her as an NPC and the world like a game now would just be running away from reality.

For the sake of letting Girard enjoy his final battle, Shin held back from using the power he gained after clearing the game. But I'm glad Girard realized and accepted it, at Shin's full power now the battle would probably end too quickly and a one-sided beatdown would be demoralizing, if not humiliating for those watching in his corner.

But even if Shin held back and turned off those NewGame+ titles he'd still be bringing his A-game from the pre-Origin fight, so it's not like he's holding back disrespectfully. One could argue that Shin without those 3 titles would be him at his previous best condition and what used to be his full power when Girard last saw him.

Users who are viewing this thread