The Newbie of the Ministry of Precious Stones - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I mean - I like rocks, I like magic. Nice. I can tell already that I'm gonna like this series. Very cute!

Dex-chan lover
It has a solid premise, but it started off fairly lackluster. The common tropes of a school-themed series are there in full force, though incorporating shiny rocks as the major element is a nice change. Mana's eyes being gemstones is a nice trait too, and is enough for me to want to know more.

Contributor
That's a clever use of paneling.

R9.png

Omg I'm hyped this looks amazing. I like gemstones, and magic is always a plus, and the premise seems promising!

Dex-chan lover
pretty mediocre as far as story and character is concerning, but looks quite nice so could shape into something fun :)

Double-page supporter
I noticed that her eyes when she was a child were noticeably darker and seemed like actual eyes compared to her eyes now. I wonder if the stone she found as a kid is what caused her eyes to become gemstones.

Not the strongest first chapter and it leaves a lot of questions. Primarily, what’s her power? It sorta looked like a telekinesis skill but the author quickly moved away from that. Bookmarked for now but we’ll see if it sticks.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just seeing Cocoa and Tippy going on adventures without Chino here.

Double-page supporter
I hate clumsy airheaded cliche shoujo heroines. And this has all the tropes of a typical shoujo minus the fateful encounter with the male love interest in the first chapter (unless the stuck up blue rival is actually it). It's just set in a fantasy world instead of a school. Her trying to find her brooch made me think of that usual scene of running with toast in mouth. Plus she has a freaking mascot!? Why?! I wouldn't be surprised if the author was taking inspiration from magical girls shows for this.

But tbh the saddest thing is that I'm still gonna follow for now and i don't even know why. I'm probably curious about why her eyes are like that.

Users who are viewing this thread