The Nighthawk Drifts About - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Hearts Estranged

Dex-chan lover
Finally, not a shit translation.

Thank you for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
This kinda reminds me of Run Away With Me, Girl but from Midori’s point of view. Although as of now we haven’t seen as much shittyness from the guy....

I feel like Yukako really needs to get her shit together because right now she’s hurting both her husband and Chinami. She was the one who broke up with Chinami, yet she was also the one who approached her at the reunion and started this whole messed up relationship to begin with. Chinami definitely isn’t blameless either, but honestly this all could have been avoided if Yukako hadn’t broken up during high school

Dex-chan lover
He's just a normal guy, living a normal life. Ground by the corporate machine, no energy left for being lovey-dovey. Two years after marriage, so a lot of magic is gone. He is a bit of a dick at times, but so are most people. At the same time, he seems to be supportive - letting her stay at home and telling her not to let his/her mother pressure her. He seems genuinely happy about going back home to his wife and being with her. He also seems not too keen on having children, but he is going along with it because Yukako said she wanted it + societal pressure. From what we've seen up to this point I can really empathize with him.

Chinami looks to be pretty torn between her lingering feelings for Yukako and feeling of betrayal. I can see it going both ways, depending on future chapters - she can try to steal Yukako away, or destroy her relationship. Or a combination of both.

Yukako is obviously at the center of "fault". By the time she married, she must have confirmed she is not attracted to men, so she basically went with the flow of societal expectations when the guy proposed. Unlike "Run Away With Me, Girl" or "Even Though We're Adults" we don't even really see any kind of connection between them so going with the flow is probably the most apt description. Going to the reunion seems kinda out of character for her, since she knew she will probably meet Chinami and cause herself and/or her pain, but that could have been a kind of cry for release from her situation. And now she is a coward, who could never make a serious decision in her life, pushing herself into a situation where she will likely have to make a very dramatic decision.

This feels like a series where no one will end up happy by the end. And someone might end up dead. Pretty good read nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
Sexual preference huh.
The problem with having same sex marriage always comes to having a child.

In Japanese, I am sure it's similar to other Asian country where a woman should get married before her 30s.
Then making sure they also have a kid after getting married.
Social pressure is tough as well about the Same Sex relationship, not to mention parents, siblings or cousins.
Chinami seems also torn by having flashback of not having future together with Yukako (she also throw her feminine clothes likely blaming her biological sex because she thought "She couldn't have future because they're both woman".

Life is tough.
This reminds me of Run Away with me Girl except the case seemingly totally different.

The dude is innocent, not going after another girl (unless later chapter say the otherwise) and the protagonist can't make up her mind.

AkodoRyu is right.
No one will likely win in this case.
Everyone will lose.
Even if Yukako go with Chinami, she'll go against the word she said to Chinami when they broke up.
She'll also have to deal with her parents/pressure from her circle.
As for Chinami she'll also felt guilty and probably have to deal with Yukako confusion if she ever made the right choice.

Yeah I dont understand ppl saying the guy is shitty. He really hasn't done anything that bad at all. Yukako is def the shitty one here lmao

Dex-chan lover
What’s up with that Chinami and the clothes scene? and Yukako seems like a pretty shit person, hope she gets better

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Chinami is pregnant... lol I don’t know her grazing her stomach made me feel worried. I hope not.

Damn looks like the husband doesn’t want kids anytime soon

Power Uploader
@Src5jaya @nims Note that Chinami wears boyish clothes. Suggesting a skirt looks good on her must have reminded her of "You're a girl too" attitude that Yukako has toward their relationship.

Group Leader
Yikes. Yukako get your shit together. Don't make it hard for me to cheer for the yuri.
That said, he shouldn't be opposed to letting her go to work, or it's going to go to the old Japanese cycle of "go to work all day, never see wife, save up money, retire, and then abuse wife for 'mooching off him all her life'"

Guys don't hate cause that's not nice to all the people out there that's in almost like this Situation in real life!

Yukako is a nice girl and will soon developed to a better Yuri woman and that's a fact nothing else!

Double-page supporter
For some reason when he said "I was lucky to be married to you" it irked me. It felt like Yukako was just one of his choices and he scored lucky with a woman who doesn't give a shit about what he does. Also you aren't lucky Yukako is an ass.

Users who are viewing this thread