The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 4 - Maiden of Salvation

Aggregator gang
Did everyone forget her massive reputation from before the suspiciously targeted smear campaign?
Reading back, most of Remelia's reputation seems to have largely stayed in the capital, and along the upper echelons of society, including the school. Once the student body is charmed by the bish, particularly those with high standing, then those of lower nobility will automatically be wary of standing up for Remelia regardless of her previous reputation. It's a "better you than me" fairweather situation; they'll praise her and put her on a pedestal because she looks like a way into the good graces of the higher nobility, but the moment Remelia becomes a rotten rope they'll all just become bystanders to avoid getting dragged down with her. On top of that, the children of the upper echelons, who have already been thoroughly brought over to the Maiden's side via the clouds of perfume and gallons of love potion she's choked them on, will spread enough gossip to their parents, who will in turn spread it to their social circles etc etc. With the adults only caring about whatever the gossip says and the students completely against Remelia, the dissatisfaction and threat of revolt will tie the hands of the royals, who will have to do something to punish her even if they might not really believe she's that the rumours say, but need to save face.

I wanna feel bad for the reincarnator inside Pina's body, but boy does she deserve this.... it'll be too late to notice Remi-tan's machinations. I guess this is what they get for ruining Remi-tan's oshi (Emi).

Dex-chan lover
The king sent bottom of the barrel agents to keep an eye on Remilia. After all, they seem to be blissfully unaware of Remilia's past, despite their single duty being observing her. They only know the rumours from the school, but that's it. They don't actually know what she did beforehand, including introducing a cure for an epidemic, helping poor commoners, whose children could afford some education thanks to her reforms. Nor did they know she's been hunting monsters since childhood and fighting a bandit problem. If they were worth their skin as agents, they obviously would have dug out everything about the target person. But since they didn't, they aren't worth anything. It's far better for Remilia that they are such simpletons. Otherwise it would be harder for her to make progress with her own plans right under the noses.

Dex-chan lover
The art of this manga is really good. The details in certain scenes are really nice to look at. The story of course is very intriguing. I like the pacing and the main character. Nothing out of whack is happening just to justify an event. Things have an explanation as to why they are happening and those explanations are justified.

I wonder if the real Pina will resurface as well in the future.

le3

Dex-chan lover
Remilia work so hard to repay Emi's eleven year of struggle to make her happy :glee:

Dex-chan lover
I wanna feel bad for the reincarnator inside Pina's body, but boy does she deserve this.... it'll be too late to notice Remi-tan's machinations. I guess this is what they get for ruining Remi-tan's oshi (Emi).
I don't feel bad for the reincarnator in Pina's body. I feel bad for Pina who most definitely stuck watching her life be derailed and taken advantage of by a rotten person.

Users who are viewing this thread