The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Dear foolish you

Dex-chan lover
How exactly does the love potion work? Like is it straight up mind control?

Dex-chan lover
It's the antidote to the love potion, but she looks like she's in love

Dex-chan lover
How exactly does the love potion work? Like is it straight up mind control?
Not really in that strong sense, it raises affection, so it controls the feeling of love, but nothing else.

Edit: so basically all actions might be affected by that feeling of love/affection, but the victim is still able to go about their own will. I think suggestion is a good description for it influencing the victims decisions.

Dex-chan lover
6psJEKz.jpeg

Eh... Kinda meh city design. The scale is completely bonkers. Is this meant to be a large city and the portal is just that beeg, or is this just a large trade town with inhabitants in the thousands at most? Really hard to tell from the scale of things and the rather low amount of buildings.
Good things first. The defences are well made, good high walls with towers supporting each other. The moat is made out of a natural body of water, so drying it out will be extremely hard. The city has a river access, that is protected, so fresh water won't be an issue during a siege, plus allows for river trading. Sieging the city already is quite moot, considering the giant teleport in the middle. The city design is simple and organised; accessibility from district to district is easy and getting lost in the streets would take some skill.
The outside of the city has enough farmland to feed it and props to the author for remembering to draw them. So many fantasy illustrators forget that cities need a quite amount of food to stay bustling and most of that food will be produced in the immediate countryside surrounding it.
Now for the bad sides, why eight entrances? There is no reason to have that many. Even if there are multiple roads leading to the city from multiple directions, you could easily have those cross paths and cut the amount of entrances by half, leaving behind a northern, eastern and southern gates and the river access, cutting down the entrance points by half without really affecting the accessibility of the city at all, while at the same time making the defence of the city drastically easier.
Next is the overall design. First, this city can't really expand should the population increase outside of building taller and I doubt they have really invented way to stack multi-storied houses beyond 4-6 floors yet. Reinforced concrete having not been invented yet after all. Second, why the Eight Point Star of Chaos? You want heresy and daemons, this is how you get heresy and daemons. Jokes aside, in a world of swords and sorcery, symbols bear power. So unless the 8 pointed star has some significance to the demons, why risk your city becoming some giant magic circle because of the layout? Unless that is the point and will be revealed later on.
Third, though the moat is quite a blocking tool, and in our world blocking it and drying it would take quite an amount of effort, it can be and has been achieved. In a world of sorcery, it most likely is much easier a task to accomplish. So having no towers protecting the walls is a major weakness. The towers protecting the gatehouses sure are a strong point, but if the invader attacks between them, they aren't covering the walls enough. Should have at least 1 tower between the gatehouses.
And last and quite the least, the forests to the south and west haven't been cut down. They would offer protection to the invader and ease of access to lumber for siege engine production. Should trim them down and turn them to farmlands.

Layout: 7
Defensibility: 8
Details: 8
Own opinion: 8 for Chaos!
Overall score: 8-
Good, but could be better.

Aggregator gang
It will always boggle the mind why people will complain about chapters, like they said if you don't like it, then bugger off, no one is forcing you to read this.

Double-page supporter
who tf is complaining?! your group’s translations are always top quality, with the only mistake i’ve seen was the one where you guys put incubus instead of succubus, but that’s totally understandable since i’ve been told the japanese word is the same for both. whoever’s complaining about bad tl is just blind, and hasn’t seen the awfulness of groups such as teenmanhua and noonscans

Dex-chan lover
Excellent work, thanks for the translations. I can't wait to see Willard fall even further!

Dex-chan lover
I don't comment often on mangadex forums since it can feel like looking into an echo chamber
That's any type of forum or comment section tbh.
And people with different opinions almost always ousted or seen in a negative light.

Man, hope that antidote works wonders and completely fucks over Star Maiden whore.

Thanks for the TL btw

Dex-chan lover
6psJEKz.jpeg

Eh... Kinda meh city design. The scale is completely bonkers. Is this meant to be a large city and the portal is just that beeg, or is this just a large trade town with inhabitants in the thousands at most? Really hard to tell from the scale of things and the rather low amount of buildings.
Good things first. The defences are well made, good high walls with towers supporting each other. The moat is made out of a natural body of water, so drying it out will be extremely hard. The city has a river access, that is protected, so fresh water won't be an issue during a siege, plus allows for river trading. Sieging the city already is quite moot, considering the giant teleport in the middle. The city design is simple and organised; accessibility from district to district is easy and getting lost in the streets would take some skill.
The outside of the city has enough farmland to feed it and props to the author for remembering to draw them. So many fantasy illustrators forget that cities need a quite amount of food to stay bustling and most of that food will be produced in the immediate countryside surrounding it.
Now for the bad sides, why eight entrances? There is no reason to have that many. Even if there are multiple roads leading to the city from multiple directions, you could easily have those cross paths and cut the amount of entrances by half, leaving behind a northern, eastern and southern gates and the river access, cutting down the entrance points by half without really affecting the accessibility of the city at all, while at the same time making the defence of the city drastically easier.
Next is the overall design. First, this city can't really expand should the population increase outside of building taller and I doubt they have really invented way to stack multi-storied houses beyond 4-6 floors yet. Reinforced concrete having not been invented yet after all. Second, why the Eight Point Star of Chaos? You want heresy and daemons, this is how you get heresy and daemons. Jokes aside, in a world of swords and sorcery, symbols bear power. So unless the 8 pointed star has some significance to the demons, why risk your city becoming some giant magic circle because of the layout? Unless that is the point and will be revealed later on.
Third, though the moat is quite a blocking tool, and in our world blocking it and drying it would take quite an amount of effort, it can be and has been achieved. In a world of sorcery, it most likely is much easier a task to accomplish. So having no towers protecting the walls is a major weakness. The towers protecting the gatehouses sure are a strong point, but if the invader attacks between them, they aren't covering the walls enough. Should have at least 1 tower between the gatehouses.
And last and quite the least, the forests to the south and west haven't been cut down. They would offer protection to the invader and ease of access to lumber for siege engine production. Should trim them down and turn them to farmlands.

Layout: 7
Defensibility: 8
Details: 8
Own opinion: 8 for Chaos!
Overall score: 8-
Good, but could be better.
I think this is more like those map perspective shots, where POIs are being modelled, but are not to scale... The artist is trying their best here to highlight the important parts, without having to model every little detail.(and the terrible pain of scaling everything correctly)

At least that would be my explanation for it looking kinda whack.

This is a good random example of what I mean:
b637e128570183.55c740e9c017c.jpg

I've never once thought the translations for this manga were bad! Absolutely adore the story and I'm super grateful for the awesome work you guys are doing!!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the great work, always happy when a chapter of this pops up(hope it gets an anime down the road)

Dex-chan lover
@baddies' asylum, you're doing great work and I'm super happy you picked this manga up. Your work is consistent and easy on the eyes. Whomever is hating is a dumbass. Keep doing amazing work!

P.S. Fuck Willard.

Dex-chan lover
Watching the pretentious prince being looked down upon is fun, but I REALLY can't wait to see the "heroine" get hers

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, i feel like this design is the most common out there for cities in these works, all is missing is the river going across it, there is one but it doesn't go all the way, the Isekai Cities meme

Dex-chan lover
Gotta say, that Pina girl have a very very very punchable face. Even when she appear and say nothing, I still wanna punch her face very very very hard.
Well, i'm sure ppl would feel sorry for the 'real' pina just watching the transmigrator doing awful/underhanded deeds with her body

Users who are viewing this thread