The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Dear foolish you

Dex-chan lover
I have found little concern over the quality of your translation of this series. It may not be "professional" level, as are most fan translations, but it is certainly more than adequate to fully understand and enjoy especially considering it is done voluntarily by you and provided for free for us to consume here.
Consider also that though there are those who may gripe about such things, they are the vocal minority. Those who are content with the quality are less likely to say anything about it as they have no issue to raise as they are reading and understand and enjoying your translation without issue, so instead they'll be discussing the manga itself. By that you can take it that every comment that's discussing the content of the manga is a testament to the level of quality of your translation work.
Please keep up the great work!

Thank you for the TL. Also people complaining?

Though I didn't see anything in the 14 pages I skimmed, I do see people complaining about manga for no reason all the time and it's honestly a bit dumb.

Came to praise and thank the team for the TL. I see absolutely no issues, I’m just grateful for your work.

Fed-Kun's army
Who the fuck said this is MTL???!?!? Fight me!
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I don’t really get the idea of establishing some kind of catharsis from the prince’s downfall since isn’t he basically drugged and mindbroken, and as much a victim as the villainess herself if not more so because the free will aspect of it all.

Fed-Kun's army
Whoever is bitching never read a MTL Manhwa before with shit quality images. They need to shut their mouth

YALL ARE DOING AMAZING THANK YOUU FOR THE CHAPTER

Fed-Kun's army
I don’t really get the idea of establishing some kind of catharsis from the prince’s downfall since isn’t he basically drugged and mindbroken, and as much a victim as the villainess herself if not more so because the free will aspect of it all.
This has been somewhat debated in various chapter comment sections. The potions are more of a feelings amplifier than a mind altering drug. They're exploitative and wrong, but also are working from something that was already there/happening.

I can't remember of this is later in the story or already shown in the manga, but
the people closest to her did want to tear her down to feel better about themselves. Her dirtbag fiance's public accusation was supposed to make her beg so he could finally feel superior to her, not to actually get rid of her. That's why our villainess keeps mentioning his complex.

Double-page supporter
I'll never understand people who cry about translations. Getting the translations in the first place is a great positive. I find people who complain about translation quality to be particularly inane. Without the original to compare it to, you shouldn't claim to be able to judge someone's work, unless it is especially egregious.

Dex-chan lover
I do love a good old "revenge by stabbing" but "revenge by outperforming them so hard" sure is satisfying too.
It's rarely done too, which is sort of a pity because it seems like a sensible route for someone with a bunch of plot knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
You really shouldn't use Mangadex comments as the basis for your self-esteem in the first place. Post-covid it has been a cesspool.

That being said, I don't ever recall anyone complaining about this series. There's 200+ comments of positive feedback to prove those sorry asses were outliers.

Group Leader
Tbh idk who is complaining about your group's TL, comparing it to MLT, but don't let it get into you. Not that I know any Japanese myself either 😅 Your team always give us quality work so I really wish you'll continue releasing this 🥰

My only complaint is that I wish the font size will be slightly larger. I read manga on my phone and it's definitely hard to read the words on a smaller screen 😅

don't listen to them :(

we're already getting more than what is expected, updates 💀

so many good manga never see the light of day again just because no one ever translates this again.

for me, only about 4 out of a hundred of my favorite series have a chance of getting a consistent upload every month

thank you for all of your hard work translating all of this 🙏

Double-page supporter
ok now feed that to the stupid prince and break up with him when he realizes he needs you

Aggregator gang
Specific examples help. I feel like it could use more editing sometimes (no Japanese knowledge required), like:
Baddies' TL: Look into the movement of the Star Maiden's cash flow.
Better: Look into the Star Maiden's cash flow.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone who complains about people doing something like this for free is an idiot. Keep up the good work.

So three things I note after a quick skim between the raws and the first few pages:

The guy's speaking a bit more formally in English. In Japanese, he's being neutral to reflect the difference in status, while she's the one that's being polite.

"こんなにも晴れやかな気持ちで 明かせる日かくるとはな" was mistranslated as "To think that a day like this would come where the blood running through my veins can witness the radiant light of day" . 晴れやか is in reference to his feelings, not literal sunlight. He's basically surprised he's experiencing such warm feelings.

And she's got the memories of the maiden who saved the world (Past tense) not "Will save" (future tense).

All in all, a competent translation up until that point.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Tbh I recognize your group as one of the better tl groups. The idea that you guys are doing a bad job and are using mtl is crazy to me. I hope you guys don't take those crazies seriously and keep doing what you're doing.

Aggregator gang
Complaining over something FREE TLs and typesets is a big YIKES

Pay no mind to them and keep up the good work!

Personally, I would simply do other things rather than complaining about how slow the releases are because I have a LIFE.

Users who are viewing this thread