The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Trade Alliance

Fed-Kun's army
Personal opinion but i think the fact that Angel went straight to the "source" of the love potion and didn't get affected AT ALL pretty much prove that if the victims (the ones being affected) already have someone they are romantically interested in and if they don't mentally/physically cheat on that romantic s/o with some other person, then they should be fine with resisting the effect of the love potion. And if that's the case then yeah, the second prince probably wasn't that faithful to Emi in the first place, i think that was what the story is implying rn?
(Also just a thought, even if they have believable excuses to fall for the love potion, the mls can both be madly in love with pina and not being huge jerks to Emi? don't see why they have to be a-hole to Emi to prove their love to pina.)
It's more of that Angel, literally one of the final boss of the game, is so OP that he isnt affected by mind affecting spells (or as the manga implied, his mana is so strong it countered the attracting effect of the source, the alchemist). For the 2nd prince, theoretically, since he is affected by the love potion, whatever Pina likes he also likes, and whatever Pina hates, he finds it deep in himself to also hate that, it just so happen William has an inferiority complex, envious to people that are better than him, even to his fiance Remilia. And the Star Maiden can buff the love potions, so yeah they became A-grade arseholes.

Dex-chan lover
That's still brainwashing, she used a drug to alter their minds and hearts. If this was a case of them falling for her acting and then doing all the bad stuff then I'd agree, but as it stands they aren't of sound mind. Even if they are "in control" and doing everything of their "free will" they literally can't not love her, even if she wasn't acting and was the plain heinous bitch she is in all of the male leads will still love her, it's literal magic.
It was stated SEVERAL times already that it doesnt affect the mind of the target. It only influences their emotions to an extend. Even if it is boosted by Pina her passive abilities. If they dont like Pina they wouldnt be affected in the first place. Also many people didnt fall for Pina either. All it does is increasing/bettering the image they have of Pina. The higher the basic evaluation the more they like her. It doesnt affect how they feel about others.

If someone betrays you because of a relationship in real life you also dont simply shrug it off. In Emi her case they basically ruined her whole life and caused her deep emotional scars with their betrayal. That is what you need to understand about this situation.

Dex-chan lover
Angel's introduction panel here is one of the most coldest panel i have ever scene on an isekai romance lmao

Dex-chan lover
It was stated SEVERAL times already that it doesnt affect the mind of the target. It only influences their emotions to an extend. Even if it is boosted by Pina her passive abilities. If they dont like Pina they wouldnt be affected in the first place. Also many people didnt fall for Pina either. All it does is increasing/bettering the image they have of Pina. The higher the basic evaluation the more they like her. It doesnt affect how they feel about others.

If someone betrays you because of a relationship in real life you also dont simply shrug it off. In Emi her case they basically ruined her whole life and caused her deep emotional scars with their betrayal. That is what you need to understand about this situation.
The prince also had an 'inferiority' complex about "Emi's Remilia" going out of her way to improve herself

dPjpfuU.png

(from the text translation)

Something like this would make ppl feel sympathy but even if it's portrayed in the manga i feel like ppl would still be mad at most of the charas 'swayed' by Pina's 'love potion'

and while it is satisfying to see Remy being a badass villainess, based on what ppl said (and 'emi' being 'kind'/remy prolly would wanna avoid making her sad, i don't think any of the 'harem boys' would be like executed or tortured or anything, or maybe even exiled versus being back to 'normal' and regretting it and wallowing in their own misery/regret. I'm sure some ppl wouldn't mind seeing the prince executed or so but even if they're not all imprisoned or so, i imagine them just living in the wake of "Remilia's success" might be worse than 'death' for them tho idk if some of the readers prolly want more bloodshed/comeuppance for them)

I kinda don't want Remila to accept the marriage proposal because she's obviously not interested in anything that doesn't pertain to Emi's revenge and I'd feel bad for Angel if his feelings weren't reciprocated...
I think she would accept, partly BECAUSE it would be a part of revenge for Emi (isn't fakePina's favorite also Angel?), and iirc Angel was Emi's favorite too, so it would be for her as well

Why are people still trying to give reasons for "harem" boys when it's already stated many times that the potion doesn't replace any feeling from recipients, the potion enhances the feeling of recipients. For example, that thwart second prince has inferioty complex towards Emi. Emi showed her jealousy when second prince interacted with the b*tch (I don't want to use name Pina for that thing because of real Pina). When the second prince noticed Emi's jealousy, he tried to increase his interaction with the b*tch for his ego. The b*tch succeed because
1. The second prince needed an outlet for his inferioty complex
2. The b*tch's act as cute, pure, Mary-sue character. Her position as the star maiden helps too
3. The potion acts as enhancer for feelings
The condemnation event was part of some people's schemes to cut second prince from Emi but that second prince used that event to give Emi "chance" to lower herself for him so the second prince had higher hand in relationship than Emi and to give himself a boost for his ego. So it's not because the b*tch wanted to condemnation event to happen but because "harem" boys wanted to see Emi in her lowest state so they could feel superior. If certain person doesn't have any feeling for the b*tch, no development will happen. That's why the b*tch needs event for chance to build affection or increase it with the targets (This is why the b*tch felt restless when the event didn't happen).
When I read the novel, I felt like to punch all "harem" boys because they wanted to push their faults to the b*tch when it's actually their own faults. The b*tch only acted as boost. Even if the b*tch didn't do anything, I bet they still tried to sabotage Emi

Pls make font bigger there's so much room left in those speech bubbles. Pls for the sake of our eyes T_T

Dex-chan lover
Why are people still trying to give reasons for "harem" boys when it's already stated many times that the potion doesn't replace any feeling from recipients, the potion enhances the feeling of recipients. For example, that thwart second prince has inferioty complex towards Emi. Emi showed her jealousy when second prince interacted with the b*tch (I don't want to use name Pina for that thing because of real Pina).
I don't think there's a rule against swearing if you're gonna say it, don't censor yourself. I think the only exceptions are slurs maybe (although i feel like i've seen ppl say the r slur towards another commenter versus like the fictional charas themselves and they don't get banned from what i've seen lol)

Aggregator gang
"I'm supposed to save the world. Everyone is supposed to love me."

Ho, all you did was serve soup in the streets. Even money she had a blue checkmark on Twitter in her past life.

Double-page supporter
Truly a "I was playing chess while you were playing checkers" moment.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Er...what's the plan here? Is she trying to tell people they're being deceived and the Demon folks are "baddies"? How is that going to endear her to Angel?

Like Remi, I look forward to the hole the Star Maiden is digging for herself.

Users who are viewing this thread