The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I really do not like that Saint simply for laughing about mc. The name corporate slave doesn't exist to make fun of people like him, it exists bc they don't have enough energy more often than not to either learn more skills and apply for a better job or apply for a better job to improve their situation. It's a descriptor of someone who literally can't get away from their situation without outside intervention.

And then comparing them to livestock, wow. She really must've been born with a diamond spoon in her mouth. :u

Think ill try see when this takes place in the wn/ln and keep reading bc this is painful. (edit chapter 6 part 2 in the wn/ln for anyone interested)

@astrologia I think you're right on the mark there, that also seemed to be the view she was taking when she arranged to meet with mc and treated it like she was doing him a favour meeting someone as "lowly" as him. Ugh.

the Saint sounds like a teenager, calling Sei like that, like is something funny
not cool, young lady
and I hope that Kamil don't try to harm Sei :(

What a fken bitch. Does she not realize how rude and utterly STUPID she sounds? and the way she smiled and said it so positively too. Can’t believe she’s a saint...if this goes on she’s gonna bring the country down to its knees lol.

I love this story more and more. There is a great comparison between the role of a capable adult and a young student's role. Yuka isn't a bad person, but she's been praised by every person around her to make her mind more sheltered than it already is. She can't get a grasp of the real problem here. Also, I really don't like the saying, "save our kingdom". As if a single saint can really save the kingdom. I mean, what about the other people in the kingdom? Do they sit in their homes doing nothing and expect to be saved? I think the saint is more like an image to inspire people. Her actions might lead the people, but being on her own isn't going to save the kingdom.

...I don't know how to react when she disses my type of guy (competent and gets the job done, ....and he does also look nice in a business suit)

This isn't my first time seeing an "isekai is bad" trope, but the first time seeing an accountant MC with it. Thanks for the translation, can't wait to see where they take this.

Dex-chan lover
I would never even think of calling somebody a corporate slave. I would simply call them an office worker, which is what he is first. He only became a corporate slave because the company itself forces him in that situation.

Calling him a slave and livestock. He should have let the accounting department lead the kingdom to ruin.

What a fucking trash, to make fun of the working class 😠, they are forced to work overtime by their bosses. Blame the bosses not the employees

The saint isn't very saint-like. She seems more insensitive than naïve to me. I hope she learns something about her position as saint in a painful way. I don't mean that physically but in such a way that she will properly understand that such a position of power comes with great responsibility that requires utmost sincerity and in-depth research, not just whimsy.

To the team, thanks for your hard work!

@kami_chan she sounds like a teenager because she's one, remember that when they were summoned she was in a school uniform. From her behaviour it's easy to see that she was a very sheltered and naive girl, she probably never had a hardship in her previous life, well aside of not being smart or applied to her studies as it doesn't seem she's doing well with the kingdoms teachings either.

I don't think things would go smoothly for Yua all the time as she's clearly being used by the prince, I really hope it gets to a point where she's not going to have any more options that to rely on the MC, maybe that way she'll mature.

@serendiity They told the MC that the saints are always girls with specials powers to purify the miasma, so it's kinda confirmed it's her even thought we have never seen her using her powers. Thought I'm going to have a good laugh if it turns it wasn't her but the MC.

I am super excited to see how the story will progress, especially with the guy's suspicious reaction to the girl calling the mc a corporate slave - which, that moment made me feel iffy lol. I really wonder what the guy is going to do - is he going to try and summon more office workers, or force the mc to work even more??? super nervous

Aggregator gang
Lol the saint is your typical naive oblivious mary sue character from otome game, and seems like people are attracted to her due to her naivete and "purity". Hope the prime minister really have his head on his shoulder.

Man, seeing Yua call Seiichirou a corporate slave for the second time but visualized is super annoying.
I always knew from reading the novel (although mostly MTL'd and read using my mediocre Japanese skills) that Seiichirou was capable, but it's more evident now and it's so satisfying~ It's nice that he's actually an uke that's not super weak like the stereotypical ones.
Thank you for the chapter!

With how the story goes I sometimes forget this is tagged as bl.

The art is so good and the serious tone for the MC is making me swoon for more!

Thank you for the update

Group Leader
i wont go hatin on the saint cos 41251727 ppl before this comment has done it for me lols, thank you for your hard work as alwayss~~

Why she so freaking rude for, he literally tried to save her???? And what's wrong with getting money for the work you do, you have the skill set and must be compensated for it meanwhile she is a child being blinded and exploited, it's literally common sense??? Thats the definition of a job honey. Otherwise what, she expect everyone to be exploited for their work like she is? Lmao she gon die and get tossed after they're done with their power plays and miasma clearing, I'm really trying not to dislike her too much bc she's supposed to be young and naive but shes supposed to be a modern girl??? does she even have a brain, bc common sense seems to be escaping her rn😐

@myleh i think her deal is that she's like, 15-16 year old girl, and when you're a 15-16 year old girl, people who dedicate every waking moment to an office job look kinda silly, and they assume that they won't become these corporate slaves until they do. And considering how she reacted to him trying to tell her to be cautious of the people in the kingdom, she got really mad, so we can assume she has a low opinion of him. honestly im not surprised she's being manipulated so easily. if you randomly ended up in an unfamiliar country, who would you trust, the seemingly kind locals who worship the ground you walk on, or some grumpy HR manager who's twice your age. it's pretty obvious that they separated yua from seiichirou to gain her trust and cut her off from the only adult who has a modicum of care for her well being.

Users who are viewing this thread