The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I was kinda hoping Aria didn't give her her actual name, so that later down the line after the main villainess girl got the princess on her side, the princess could be like "Aria, I need you to kill someone for me, her name's Alicia" so Aria could just be like heeeeey wait a minute...

Dex-chan lover
If this means Aria won't be a combat maid anymore, then that's all I need. I never really appreciated that whole concept. For an assassin or a spy, knowing how to act like a maid superficially would be a bonus for infiltration purposes, but that's about it. For an adventurer, it hardly serves any purpose. Aria wants to get strong fast, and it's just a waste of time to spend a long time learning maid tasks. If it was this much, then it's fine since this probably made her a bit more civilised, but any longer would start to twist the balance in the wrong direction.

Dex-chan lover
I like this series a lot. But, somehow I feel like the bond between Alicia and Elena feel forced to be that strong. Is it just me didn't really get it while reading or the artist failed to bring enough emotion to build that strong bond or maybe the story just like that. Whatever is it, I still like this tho (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

Thanks for the updates~

Dex-chan lover
I still wonder one thing, isnt her hair color unique to one of the royal famalies? I can understand regular people not knowing but other royals and battle maids who work in intelligence should be suspicious.

Dex-chan lover
I like this series a lot. But, somehow I feel like the bond between Alicia and Elena feel forced to be that strong. Is it just me didn't really get it while reading or the artist failed to bring enough emotion to build that strong bond or maybe the story just like that. Whatever is it, I still like this tho (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

Thanks for the updates~

They could have felt a sort of link between them, but once they are separated for a month, wouldn't it weaken considerably, until it's more or less pushed aside, into the back of their minds when they move on with their lives? That's how all relationships work, in the end. They can be important when living the moment, but if not maintained, they will wither on their own. I doubt those two will forget each other entirely, but they live in different worlds and are busy with their own things and priorities, so it was a transient thing, realistically. That's how I saw it.

Thanks for the updates~
They did touch upon it a bit, but I do agree had they spent another chapter trying to help establish that kindred-ship between them, it probably would've gone over better and felt less rushed. Still love the chapter, though! Hopefully, we will get to see Elena more to help deepen their relationship with one another, whether it's friendship or potential yuri. (I'm not opposed to either possibility.)

Looking forward to the next chapter!

If this means Aria won't be a combat maid anymore, then that's all I need. I never really appreciated that whole concept. For an assassin or a spy, knowing how to act like a maid superficially would be a bonus for infiltration purposes, but that's about it. For an adventurer, it hardly serves any purpose. Aria wants to get strong fast, and it's just a waste of time to spend a long time learning maid tasks. If it was this much, then it's fine since this probably made her a bit more civilised, but any longer would start to twist the balance in the wrong direction.
Idk if your primary directive is to survive maid seems like a great place, specially since in a strict hierarchy maids are seem to be almost invisible

Dex-chan lover
Idk if your primary directive is to survive maid seems like a great place, specially since in a strict hierarchy maids are seem to be almost invisible

Her primary priority is to survive relying on herself. She also doesn't want to serve anyone because as she sees it, staying as an independent adventurer is a way to avoid the game plot. I don't think we actually saw her worrying enough about this episode where she met nobles and whatnot. It should have rung some alarms in her head, but she could use the training and money.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the bond between Alicia and Elena feel forced to be that strong.
I have to agree tbh, the LN went really in depth into Aria and Elena's feelings about how they felt alone till they found each other and bonded over their similar yet different circumstances. Then again the manga moves pretty fast, so.....

I might be wrong, but here's my opinion. (disclaimer: I'm reading the LN on syosetsu mostly using chrome's auto-translate... sometimes DeepL when the translation is devatatingly bad.)

Both of them have been toyed with for the whims of others and then abandoned, so they've each decided to attain the strength to decide their own fate. Though the strength they wish for is slightly different. One wants political strength, while the other wants combat strength.

~~ Princess Elena ~~

The princess worked incredibly hard to please her mother. After learning 4 attributes of magic her magic stone grew too large and harmed her body. Her frail state meant she would have great difficulty having a child, which makes her useless as a potential candidate for the throne. As a result her mother lost interest in her.

Now being treated as useless by the people surrounding her, she has decided to take fate into her own hands.

~~ Aria ~~​

Her wonderful parents died, and then she was put in an orphanage that treated the kids terribly before selling them off to unsavory nobles. She finds out her sales day has come, and she escapes from the orphanage... she's found by a crazy woman obsessed with an Otome Game from her previous life. After her wound touches the crazy woman's magic stone she discovers her misery was decided for the stupid reason of being a background story for the "heroine" who flirts with multiple boys causing discord in the noble society.

Outraged that her life was being toyed with by an Otome Game, she rejects having her life decided for her by anyone or anything else.

Anyways, that's my interpretation of why they feel like kindred. Feel free to read the LN and decide for yourself. Up to you whether to read it MTL direct from the source like me, or from a place where someone did a proper translation.

Also, there's some stuff in the future that will be difficult to properly convey through manga. I really want to elaborate, but I don't want to put a second spoiler tag just to go off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread