The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
The Dino Crisis arc.

It was satisfying to see her remove the spy left behind by Dino. That was like showing she means business and is capable of doing her work. The dude must not have realised what kind of lousy (and very final) job he was given by Dino.

Dex-chan lover
These stats just keep getting more meaningless by the chapter, haha.
I do wonder if they were more relevant in the LN somehow, here in the manga they're like covering Doritos in salad dressing, completely unnecessary.
I would assume they were a convenient way for the author to measure skill and prowess? The "otome game" setting was a fitting excuse, and while I don't particularly appreciate the quantification of skills and abilities like this in fantasy settings, thankfully it's nothing too egregious in this case.

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder if they were more relevant in the LN somehow, here in the manga they're like covering Doritos in salad dressing, completely unnecessary.

The basic stats of strength, endurance, etc is tied to natural ability and how fit/able your body is. So if you go buff up your muscles, your strength stat will increase but your agility/dexterity may decrease because you got bulkier.

It is explained in the manga already but not exactly clear. But a person's rank is tied to the highest ranked COMBAT-related ability they have. So if someone has lvl 4 daily life magic they are not a rank 4, but if they have rank 4 light magic they are.

Combat ability/prowess is like a summary stat based off all skills and stats. For example rank 3 in the LN combat ability ranges from
220/240s to 700
This means for a rank 3 to become a rank 4, they would work on increasing the combat ability to the upper ranges of the rank, then eventually their NON-combat skill(s) will reach rank 4, and then a combat skill will reach rank 4 and become one. This is one thing the manga makes confusing to show, as it's very obvious in the LN as Aria gets stronger in the LN you typically see the progress of stats. Though it will be explicitly stated later so whatever.

The body reinforcement in parenthesis, is just a buff in prowess based off your body reinforcement magic lvl. Everyone has body reinforcement magic, even fighters and scouts. Combat skills like short sword lvl 1 thrust uses body reinforcement, and running faster, lifting stronger etc. It's in parenthesis because the buff to combat ability from it varies from person to person/monster and because it drains mana, so a user may use it or not depending on the situation. The difference is the trained ability Magic Control. A rank 4 fighter/scout may have magic control lvl 1, but a mage will have it at the lvl of their rank and magic control provides a buff to all magic the higher level it is. So body reinforcemetn is stronger for mages.

Dex-chan lover
Each rank up is a significant difference, but the raw numbers for power are pretty meh.

There's just not many ways to show "she's okay at these things, and superhuman at these things", and the stats don't even cover her edgy MC 2fast4u stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread