The Overly Straightforward Natsume-kun Can't Properly Confess - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Family

Dex-chan lover
Never have I seen a more clear example of autism on a manga.

But as always, I bet the author has no idea they wrote a character as autistic.

Mental health education is terrible in Japan, so it is not uncommon for them to not even be aware of mental health issues the rest of the world can identify on sight.

As an autist myself, I would NOT like to live in Japan where even saying you have mental health issues would get you shunned.

(Insert "lol bro you dumb it's just a manga" comment here)

Dex-chan lover
Good for Natsume for being a good cleaner! And for once, he was being creepy Kanedera. Reminiscing on his family's situation at least made her aware that he probably had a strange childhood, with only grandparents to raise him.

Dex-chan lover
Never have I seen a more clear example of autism on a manga.

But as always, I bet the author has no idea they wrote a character as autistic.

Mental health education is terrible in Japan, so it is not uncommon for them to not even be aware of mental health issues the rest of the world can identify on sight.

As an autist myself, I would NOT like to live in Japan where even saying you have mental health issues would get you shunned.

(Insert "lol bro you dumb it's just a manga" comment here)
Yeah He’s 100% autistic but tbh this time it seems like it is on purpose, there are too many hints to be just an author that doesn’t know how real humans are

Contributor
I'm surprised he didn't find a way to segue his initial droning monologue into yet another request to have sex with her, this time. For once, he didn't mention sex at all and that's already a major improvement in reducing his creep factor. Keep this up and I might actually change my mind regarding a romance.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised he didn't find a way to segue his initial droning monologue into yet another request to have sex with her, this time. For once, he didn't mention sex at all and that's already a major improvement in reducing his creep factor. Keep this up and I might actually change my mind regarding a romance.
Yeah, I was totally expecting him to go straight to "it's a perfect place to have sex," and was pleasantly surprised he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread