The Overly Straightforward Natsume-kun Can't Properly Confess - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Diplomacy

Dex-chan lover
Actually, the Indians almost surely got zero from China or from Indochina.

The Chinese had arrived at a system of writing digits in a grid, with different columns implicitly corresponding to count of units, tens of units, hundreds of units, &c. When a count was nothing, that cell was left empty. Someone realized that the grid itself didn't have to be drawn, except for the boxes of the empty cells. And, over time, the empty boxes were drawn in increasingly simple form, eventually becoming like circles.

Simplified to circles or not, the empty boxes, drawn without the rest of the grid, were zeroes.

(Still earlier, Babylonian astronomers had a zero, but it got lost without catching-on more generally. The Greeks would sometimes abbreviate “οὐδέν” [meaning nothing] as ‘Ο’, but didn't treat it as a digit.)

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, Steve Jobs? Come on Ichika, at least be realistic lol. At least Natsume tried to help, though he really should have torn up that paper instead of just crumpling it. He's a victim of his intrusive thoughts lol.

I guess it's hard for Ichika to listen though. Going to class after P.E is hard enough, but now she has a teacher who makes the class go to sleep! She's gonna have to rely on Natsume if this keeps happening!

Contributor
Him spamming "Cute!" is a clear improvement over "Have sex with me." but he still has a long way to go. And then just as I thought he was improving on that front he starts to write it down... :facepalm:

Can't really blame her for not looking at the note because of all the "have sex with me" schlock is the usual for him and now it has really backfired here. Can I have an order of character growth for him, please?

Users who are viewing this thread