The Princess of Sylph (Twitter Version) - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
C'mon now that stumble was hilarious. And into the fantastic imagery of the series.

Dex-chan lover
At this rate the kingdom is gonna get fucked beyond recognition and tons of people are gonna die.

Maybe Natalia should have killed Sara to get the sword back after all. As a yuri fan it's not what I want. But it might have been the best option considering all the people dying left and right.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Now, even if she uses the sword, people are still gonna blame her for coming too late 😞

Dex-chan lover
At this rate the kingdom is gonna get fucked beyond recognition and tons of people are gonna die.

Maybe Natalia should have killed Sara to get the sword back after all. As a yuri fan it's not what I want. But it might have been the best option considering all the people dying left and right.
Well she's apprehensive for a few reasons: she does not want to kill Sara, as Sara is the only thing keeping her stable and capable at this point (sword or not); she still doesn't understand why her brother felt the sword needed to be with Sara and likely doesn't want to make a mistake there either; and she believes in her own abilities to a fault. The first two reasons are the main ones but altogether they create a lot of doubt and second guessing. Then this is all happening relatively quickly.

Dex-chan lover
So that's how it's going to be. Sara and Natalia will bond by keeping each others sane. Sara because she is the only one to see the princess as a human being that's burning the candle by both ends. And Natalia because she needs Sara (both for the sword and the comfort), so she can't afford for her to waste away because she feels guilty.

Here, the choice of the prince really looks like a gamble. Because it's clear, nobody see that Natalia is struggling (why would a god struggle right?). The fact that the seed of Sylpheed ended in the only person who treats the princess like the human being she is clearly unfortunate. So as a brother and the previous monarch, what do you do? Kill the only person capable of insuring your sister health and by extension the longevity of the kingdom and accept the possible casualties, no matter how heavy they are? Or you accept to leave the kingdom to your emotionally drained and unstable sister, conscious that it's only a matter of time before she joins you in the other side?

Dex-chan lover
Well she's apprehensive for a few reasons: she does not want to kill Sara, as Sara is the only thing keeping her stable and capable at this point (sword or not); she still doesn't understand why her brother felt the sword needed to be with Sara and likely doesn't want to make a mistake there either; and she believes in her own abilities to a fault. The first two reasons are the main ones but altogether they create a lot of doubt and second guessing. Then this is all happening relatively quickly.
Of course I understand all that. But the fact is tons of people are dying, and killing Sara to get the sword back might have prevented it.

Not that it matters right now. At this point her kingdom is probably beyond salvation.

Dex-chan lover
Of course I understand all that. But the fact is tons of people are dying, and killing Sara to get the sword back might have prevented it.

Not that it matters right now. At this point her kingdom is probably beyond salvation.
She was told about the sword only after she'd already been saved (psychologically and physically) by Sara and also was immediately told that her brother had a purpose in doing this. There was no gap between the two things. So those reasons have always applied, even though this version moves faster. She's been conflicted from the start.

There's also no reason to assume the entire kingdom is doomed yet. I imagine they'll figure out ways to protect the kingdom, although of course in the mean time there's issues and not everyone is safe. With the way she was before Sara, Natalia likely would have had issues regardless.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She was told about the sword only after she'd already been saved (psychologically and physically) by Sara and also was immediately told that her brother had a purpose in doing this. There was no gap between the two things. So those reasons have always applied, even though this version moves faster. She's been conflicted from the start.

There's also no reason to assume the entire kingdom is doomed yet. I imagine they'll figure out ways to protect the kingdom, although of course in the mean time there's issues and not everyone is safe. With the way she was before Sara, Natalia likely would have had issues regardless.
We're going in circles. I already said that I understand all that. But the fact is tons of people are dying and killing Sara to get the sword back might have prevented it. There's no denying that.

About the kingdom's fate.... we'll see what happens, but right now things are looking pretty grim and I don't think the plan of having Sara use the sword is gonna work.

We're going in circles. I already said that I understand all that. But the fact is tons of people are dying and killing Sara to get the sword back might have prevented it. There's no denying that.

About the kingdom's fate.... we'll see what happens, but right now things are looking pretty grim and I don't think the plan of having Sara use the sword is gonna work.
Would the last of the children of spirits dying due to not being able to handle everything on her own doom the kingdom just the same.

Dex-chan lover

Your first comment seemed to imply there being an option for Natalia to take and I was explaining that there was no option for her to consider because there wasn't yet an issue. Then by the time she realized there was an issue, all the factors I mentioned already applied. So that was what I responded to. But maybe you weren't actually arguing that Natalia could/should have done something differently? If you actually were just being descriptive then that's fine.

As for their plans, you'll have to see. Won't be easy but it's early and there's not a clearly better alternative. Even in this version, it's hinted pretty clearly that Natalia could not handle this without Sara, sword or not; and the brothers reasons for his actions aren't yet clear. The story is calling into question whether killing Sara would actually be good or not. It's presenting her role as necessary and important to Natalia and therefore the kingdom.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Would the last of the children of spirits dying due to not being able to handle everything on her own doom the kingdom just the same.
Probably not, since the sword seems to be able to subdue the monsters without fighting. And what powers the sword is the faith of the people, not the mana of the user.

Dex-chan lover
Your first comment seemed to imply there being an option for Natalia to take
Natalia knew from the beginning that without the sword things would get ugly. She wanted to believe she could take care of things on her own because the alternative was to kill Sara. So there was a choice, even if that was a choice Natalia didn't want to consider.

The story is calling into question whether killing Sara would actually be good or not. It's presenting her role as necessary and important to Natalia and therefore the kingdom.

It's exactly because the story is calling into question whether killing Sara is actually good or not that we shouldn't assume it's not. We still don't know if Sara's role is actually necessary for Natalia or the kingdom. Or it might be good for Natalia but not for the kingdom, for example. What happens if everyone dies but Natalia and Sara survive? If that's the case, can we still say that Sara having the sword was a positive for Natalia? That would be an interesting question. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Natalia knew from the beginning that without the sword things would get ugly. She wanted to believe she could take care of things on her own because the alternative was to kill Sara. So there was a choice, even if that was a choice Natalia didn't want to consider.
That's not the case, nor is it the sequence of events in this version but also which is it: were you just being descriptive or were you assigning blame? Because you're saying you did one thing, while doing the other. So I'm not sure what I'm responding to at this point.

Dex-chan lover
That's not the case, nor is it the sequence of events in this version but also which is it: were you just being descriptive or were you assigning blame? Because you're saying you did one thing, while doing the other. So I'm not sure what I'm responding to at this point.
I'm not blaming anything on anyone. I'm just wondering if it wouldn't have been better to kill Sara instead of going through all this crap. I don't know the answer, which is why I'm wondering. And don't get me wrong. I'm not asking to get an answer from you or anyone else here. I hope the story will answer the question.

Users who are viewing this thread