The Princess of Sylph - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Snapdragon (2)

Dex-chan lover
I said basically the same thing to another person, but I'm sure it's because she's powerful enough to defend her kingdom on her own. She doesn't need a weapon as much as she needs a reason to live and take care of her own self.
Except she does need the sword. Think about it, why did her brother died despite being pretty young? And don't forget the water princess that tried to kill Sara warned Natalia that without the sword, her kingdom would be in grave danger. That's all I can say without goving out spoilers but the point is, things are about to get real ugly soon.

Dex-chan lover
Except she does need the sword. Think about it, why did her brother died despite being pretty young? And don't forget the water princess that tried to kill Sara warned Natalia that without the sword, her kingdom would be in grave danger. That's all I can say without goving out spoilers but the point is, things are about to get real ugly soon.
He didn't really give her the sword. She got it by accident and was going to die after being rejected. In order to save her, he told her that she could try drinking the blood. He didn't know that would work and was surprised that it did.

The princess was in no shape to handle the sword and may not have received it in the state she was in. We don't know that things would have worked out had Sara not come to help her or crucially, if Sara had died there before being able to help her. The Princess may have just died there instead. The Prince kept the woman, who was trying to save his sister, alive.

This is ignoring the issues of the princesses mental state and not knowing what future that would have left the kingdom in, even if she got the sword. The sword might be powerful but I imagine that, like any weapon, it's still reliant on the holder.

Sara's companionship with our princess may very well be what was actually necessary for an eventual better outcome. I assume her relationship with Sara is what will make her a better leader and more capable in the long run. Leaving the princess isolated, depressed and suicidal doesn't seem like a recipe for a good future. This all again assumes that the princess would have even gotten the sword had Sara not arrived.

It is about to get ugly though. I agree with that. But that's more just an unfortunate set of events in my opinion.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sara's companionship with our princess may very well be what was actually necessary for an eventual better outcome.
If she got the sword, she might have died like her brother but at least she would have been able to protect her kingdom. Without the sword, she failed. Lots of people died, and she had to ran away. I fail to see how that's a better outcome. Maybe it's better for Natalia on a personal level, but not for her as a queen and not for her people and her kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
If she got the sword, she might have died like her brother but at least she would have been able to protect her kingdom. Without the sword, she failed. Lots of people died, and she had to ran away. I fail to see how that's a better outcome. Maybe it's better for Natalia on a personal level, but not for her as a queen and not for her people and her kingdom.
That's a huge "if." "If" she got the sword and didn't die right there. We can't easily fly past the reality of the state she was in and how imperfect the process is.

Then with how weak she already was (physically but also mentally), we do not know what would have happened had she even gotten the sword. The point (and partly the point of chapters like the previous one) is that Natalia's personal well being and the kingdoms are tied together and that she's not a robot. She's just as fragile (as seen here). She was also already on the verge of breaking down before she met Sara.

Either way, the ultimate clarification was that the brother didn't do what he did purposefully or in some premeditated way. The princess was lying their dying and the seed fell to Sara outside his control. The Prince just offered an attempt to keep her alive, not knowing if it would work. Everything else that transpires is just a series of unfortunate events and two women, in love, fighting to make the best of it together.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So heads up. When you are in a forum talking about something you already know what happens, don't go off and say you can't get into more cause of spoilers. You KNOW you are talking with those who are reading it through this new scanlation, so act like you don't know what's going on either. Jeeze.

Dex-chan lover
Either way, the ultimate clarification was that the brother didn't do what he did purposefully or in some premeditated way.
That's not what I got from your translation. It seemed like the prince did it deliberately because Sara caught his attention or something.

Dex-chan lover
That's not what I got from your translation. It seemed like the prince did it deliberately because Sara caught his attention or something.
He only starts speaking to Sara once he sees her spitting up blood. He expresses how unfortunate it is and says it's likely because she's being rejected. He feels sad about it, since he favored her after she came up the cliff (to save his sister). That's when he says that he "would rather it not come to this" and tells her to try drinking the blood. He's reluctant. And it's only "try" because he doesn't know if it'll work.

After she drinks the blood he is surprised and says "wow that actually worked!?" He's surprised that it even worked because he seems to have thought it was a crapshoot idea. He didn't plan it. He just liked that someone came for his sister and tried something to save her. Plus his sister may need Sara to survive in order for Sara to then keep his sister alive-- because the princess is always alone and there's no one else to come save her.

Dex-chan lover
He only starts speaking to Sara once he sees her spitting up blood.

I'm pretty sure she started to hear him because she was given the sword. So it's not like he wasn't talking to her before. She just couldn't hear him.

In any case, I don't think it's very clear if he gave her the sword deliberatly or not. You're free to disagree but I'm sticking to my take until explicitly stated otherwise in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Idgaf about the complications of the sword. She missed out on the opportunity to have a cool sword. Now that’s gotta suck.

It doesn't matter how selfless she is. Sara can't use the sword because she doesn't have the mana to use it. What the brother did renders the sword useless. Now no one can't use it.

This is why the princess from the water kingdom wanted to kill Sara. As long as Sara is alive, no one can't use the sword, and that means the wind kingdom has lost their only means to defend themselves from monsters.
I think what the brother did is still good, know why? The princess does not rely on anyone after the death of all her families. She's never been so alone as where she is now. She does not prioritized her safety and life as she gives it all to her people. She doesn't even ask for help at all. Sara plays the role of care giver, as she is needed to not just help with the healing of the princess but as give nuance of showing to everyone that even the princess needs someone. The priest and everyone all expect that the princess is all powerful and does not need anybody which is bullshit. For some reason only Sara can see how broken the princess is. Now the problem with the sword within Sara is she does not have enough mana and who does have immense amount of mana?, the princess. A nice solution is to perhaps work together. To work as one in protecting the kingdom. Sara is belligerent at times but has a very wonderful heart of gold but she needs somewhere to belong, the princess stables her. They match each other and why I think the prince did what he did. Cause if he gave the sword to the princess. The princess will never rely on anyone and will solely give all her importance to a sword. Never to someone living. How can you heal when your stuck grieving on your own?

Dex-chan lover
I think what the brother did is still good, know why? The princess does not rely on anyone after the death of all her families. She's never been so alone as where she is now. She does not prioritized her safety and life as she gives it all to her people. She doesn't even ask for help at all. Sara plays the role of care giver, as she is needed to not just help with the healing of the princess but as give nuance of showing to everyone that even the princess needs someone. The priest and everyone all expect that the princess is all powerful and does not need anybody which is bullshit. For some reason only Sara can see how broken the princess is. Now the problem with the sword within Sara is she does not have enough mana and who does have immense amount of mana?, the princess. A nice solution is to perhaps work together. To work as one in protecting the kingdom. Sara is belligerent at times but has a very wonderful heart of gold but she needs somewhere to belong, the princess stables her. They match each other and why I think the prince did what he did. Cause if he gave the sword to the princess. The princess will never rely on anyone and will solely give all her importance to a sword. Never to someone living. How can you heal when your stuck grieving on your own?

The things is, none of that matters if Natalia dies because she doesn't have the sword to protect herself, or if all the people of the kingdom she's supposed to rule die because she doesn't have the sword to protect them.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that there are more important things at risk than Natalia's emotional well-being.

Also, no. They can't work together. The sword doesn't work like that. Sara might get some mana by sucking at Natalia's blood, but the effect only last a little moment. She just can't use the sword, and neither can Natalia.

The prince is an idiot, and it will cost everyone dearly.

Dex-chan lover
So if someone gives you snapdragons, you should basically burn their house down basically

Users who are viewing this thread