The Princess of Sylph - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Tuberose (4)

Dex-chan lover
Hope the series skyrockets in popularity and the publisher regrets their stupid decision šŸ˜”

Edit: I hope whoever was in charge of axing the manga loses their sense of taste for food since they clearly don't have one for manga :(

(I don't really mean it but I kind of mean it. Ya know what I mean?)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Google transkated from their fanbox page. Is this an accurate translation?

[How much is the yuri element? ] It's about the same as ``A story about a meddling sister supporting a stubborn princess.'' Less than love. There aren't many direct expressions, so don't expect any flirting.

I was hoping they'd fall in love love even if it's subtle. If they're asexual that's totally cool but it would be nice to get a confirmed love by the end of the story :(

Dex-chan lover

[How much is the yuri element? ] It's about the same as ``A story about a meddling sister supporting a stubborn princess.'' Less than love. There aren't many direct expressions, so don't expect any flirting.

I was hoping they'd fall in love love even if it's subtle. If they're asexual that's totally cool but it would be nice to get a confirmed love by the end of the story :(
here's a sneak preview - https://mangadex.org/chapter/a88045c0-540e-4727-9d36-d9fe5bd1b6be

you're welcome

Original Twitter series here - https://mangadex.org/title/163d2946-38e7-4b98-add6-825e4298f30b/the-princess-of-sylph

Dex-chan lover
Bah, can't even support author without going through ten extra steps from where I am living. What a pita.

And to repeat what the guy above said; Japanese readers really have no taste when it comes to fine cuisine. Tbh every time something original, not just yuri, manages to make it past first few volumes have me raise an eyebrow.

Thank you for your work!
it just wasnā€™t as popular in getting readers, doesnā€™t mean people for ALL japan donā€™t have taste! it just means it was an nich reader audience and werenā€™t as interested as you LOT THINK others should be JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT!!

Dex-chan lover
this was serialized on December 20, 2022
and this was rated as poor sales within just one year?
so they only count the chapter sales?

this is a slow burn story,
you can't expect the sales to go skyrocket with just the chapters count

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation! shame about the cancelation but the author perseveres, love to see it

i wanna be slapped by tania like that like damn

Dex-chan lover

My sister in yuri, they have sex regularly (eventually).

Dex-chan lover
this was serialized on December 20, 2022
and this was rated as poor sales within just one year?
so they only count the chapter sales?

this is a slow burn story,
you can't expect the sales to go skyrocket with just the chapters count
No? They published two volumes and the manga failed to meet whatever expectations the publisher had. That's all there is to it.

People really don't get how this shit works. Manga need to sale and grow an audience, if they fail to do so, they get axed. Some magazines are unforgiving, some are more lax.

This was never suited for a monthly magazine. It was too slow and meandering. Even its "main" selling point, the yuri, wasn't anything to write home about and could be missed. Hell, even notoriously slow Adachi and Shimamura took way less chapters to make it clear Adachi was in love with Shimamura, so the slowburn wasn't so great either.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

if only Manga would actually come to my country I would gladly support every author I like :angery:
for that to happen the manga had to have some success in Japan first to warrant buying it to your country. So buying the manga in Japanese, while it doesn't do anything for you if you can't read Japanese, helps immensely in keeping the manga alive and hopefully gives it a chance to be available in your country.

Dex-chan lover
The author still plans on continuing the story in their FanBox. Best to support them directly to help them finish this story because this is such a gem
Oh I see
But damn I'm poor but would love to donate if I have money T_T

Dex-chan lover
No? They published two volumes and the manga failed to meet whatever expectations the publisher had. That's all there is to it.

People really don't get how this shit works. Manga need to sale and grow an audience, if they fail to do so, they get axed. Some magazines are unforgiving, some are more lax.

This was never suited for a monthly magazine. It was too slow and meandering. Even its "main" selling point, the yuri, wasn't anything to write home about and could be missed. Hell, even notoriously slow Adachi and Shimamura took way less chapters to make it clear Adachi was in love with Shimamura, so the slowburn wasn't so great either.
Continuing on this, there might be a bigger issue too, uncertain audience.

First of all it was published on Comic Walker, which is not a yuri magazine obviously, so it being yuri might have turned off some readers, then there's the fact that it's a slow burn yuri, which is not for everyone too, and then there's the fact that it has quite a focus on the fantasy side and the lore, which might turn off people who only care about the yuri.

Second, the yuri, or just the romance as a whole really, might have turned off people who was interested in the setting and lore.

Honestly, although there is quite a focus on the fantasy side, this is first and foremost a slow burn yuri, so I can't help but feel being published in anything but a yuri magazine was the main issue behind low sales, yuri fans will read virtually anything as long as it's not outright garbage, but publish a work like this in any other magazine, ā€Šwho exactly is the audience they're aiming for?

Unfortunately general public won't get into stories like this, one could argue it was doomed from the beginning in any non yuri magazine.

And as someone basically said, this probably works better as a Twitter/ Pixiv manga, with the author releasing chapters when they believe it's done instead of following a magazine schedule, unfortunately not all digital mangas work as well when published in magazine.

TLDR
I'm fucking pissed cause most Japanese only want easy to digest brainless self insert and or escapism mangas :angery:

Users who are viewing this thread