The Princess of Sylph - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Tuberose (4)

Group Leader
Google transkated from their fanbox page. Is this an accurate translation?

[How much is the yuri element? ] It's about the same as ``A story about a meddling sister supporting a stubborn princess.'' Less than love. There aren't many direct expressions, so don't expect any flirting.

I was hoping they'd fall in love love even if it's subtle. If they're asexual that's totally cool but it would be nice to get a confirmed love by the end of the story :(
In short, don't worry about it, you're confusing what it's saying but it is confusing.

That description is for For Ranunculus, the sequel to the original twitter comic that Kamejiro's fanbox was made for years ago. It's merely saying FR's about as yuri as the twitter version was. However For Ranunculus is discontinued and has nothing to do with the serialized version. The serialized version was stated from the outset to be much more yuri, leading up to a full blown romance like the extras you can see on Kamejiro's twitter. There should be no concern whatever continuation Kamejiro publishes on fanbox won't be explicitly yuri.

In shorter, they gay.

are translations still going to be uploaded? i'm going to try supporting the author on fanbox
Will the translation continue? While i wanna support the fanbox i also wanna continue following the story
If there are official translations, I won't be translating it. I wouldn't want to undercut Kamejiro like that.

Though I'm not entirely sure I'd be translating it at all. My confidence is shattered lately and it's difficult finding motivation. Sylph's cancellation wasn't the start but it sure didn't help. It's why I stalled on redoing volume 2 in better quality. I can't stand reading my own work. I can't help but think of all the things I should have done better.

Dex-chan lover
No? They published two volumes and the manga failed to meet whatever expectations the publisher had. That's all there is to it.

People really don't get how this shit works. Manga need to sale and grow an audience, if they fail to do so, they get axed. Some magazines are unforgiving, some are more lax.

This was never suited for a monthly magazine. It was too slow and meandering. Even its "main" selling point, the yuri, wasn't anything to write home about and could be missed. Hell, even notoriously slow Adachi and Shimamura took way less chapters to make it clear Adachi was in love with Shimamura, so the slowburn wasn't so great either.
I know how that works
I agree that is not really suited for monthly magazine, but since the story hinted a possible long arc since the beginning, I thought they can wait for a bit
if the next chapter is the last, then possibly the decision is already set like 2 chapters ago

also, I think your example of Adachi Shimamura is not quite right, since it is from novel, not straight manga
and it also got axed once before

other yuri stories that got axed early usually the full romance type or the romcom type
which is expected to not going to be running that long (like the first adachi shimamura)

but here, I was expecting at least they go to the adventure a bit before it got axed
up until now, this felt like it is just the prolog

Dex-chan lover
Me see red status

Me reaction : :notlikethis:

I'm fucking pissed cause most Japanese only want easy to digest brainless self insert and or escapism mangas :angery:
You mean like Isekai genre? It's easiest to reach the public and easy to create storyteller too.

Always start with get smashed by the vehicle or caffeine overdose. Then the story always involve modern food and annoying unexplained plot armor.

Dex-chan lover
I know how that works
I agree that is not really suited for monthly magazine, but since the story hinted a possible long arc since the beginning, I thought they can wait for a bit
if the next chapter is the last, then possibly the decision is already set like 2 chapters ago

also, I think your example of Adachi Shimamura is not quite right, since it is from novel, not straight manga
and it also got axed once before

other yuri stories that got axed early usually the full romance type or the romcom type
which is expected to not going to be running that long (like the first adachi shimamura)

but here, I was expecting at least they go to the adventure a bit before it got axed
up until now, this felt like it is just the prolog
The axe probably fell the week after volume two failed to meet whatever threesold the publisher set. We were told back then the story was already in danger, so here we are. The author also decided that wasting time on this annoying detour was a great idea. I don't know why they decided that, but it certainly didn't help.

I think you are misunderstanding my complaint a bit. I'm complaining about this story wasting time on everything and not deciding what it wanted to be. I brought up AdaShima because is a notorious case of slow burn romance, and even that one made it clear what it wanted to be from the start. You can't get an audience if they don't know where you are planning to go.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I did my part but I was suspecting that the sales for this weren't to great...
It's really sad. But I am glad to hear the author will continue to work on this even after the cancellation!

Thank you noighd for introducing us to this story and this author. I hope you will translate the continuation published on fanbox. If not thank you for your work onto now and I look forward to see what you will translate next because you do quality work.

Group Leader
I'd point out to the people saying 'why doesn't x get cancelled instead' that it's almost entirely due to the publication you can serialize in. Yuri Hime has some wild things currently going in it that seem pretty secure, and then you have magazines like Aokishi and Harta which run very wide ranges of interesting manga with publisher-side cancellations being almost unheard of. It's just an issue of getting your foot in the door, and if you get picked up by a publisher (which you'd probably be overjoyed at no matter which one), it might turn out to not be a good fit with the vibes of that pub and it's readers, seemingly like in this case.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

for that to happen the manga had to have some success in Japan first to warrant buying it to your country. So buying the manga in Japanese, while it doesn't do anything for you if you can't read Japanese, helps immensely in keeping the manga alive and hopefully gives it a chance to be available in your country.
I get what you mean, but.. I meant any Manga. idk if it's just a case of anime and manga being unpopular here (at least as far as I'm aware) but the only Manga stores in my country sell are REALLY popular titles like Solo Leveling and even then they're pretty scarce and waaaay behind available online

Dex-chan lover
I get what you mean, but.. I meant any Manga. idk if it's just a case of anime and manga being unpopular here (at least as far as I'm aware) but the only Manga stores in my country sell are REALLY popular titles like Solo Leveling and even then they're pretty scarce and waaaay behind available online
yeah that just means the publishers in your country aren't very interested in manga/anime. Sorry for that, maybe someday it will change?

Dex-chan lover
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :qq::meguuusad::qq::meguuusad::qq::meguuusad:
Can't believe people do not see the wonder that is this manga..

Though I'm not entirely sure I'd be translating it at all. My confidence is shattered lately and it's difficult finding motivation. Sylph's cancellation wasn't the start but it sure didn't help. It's why I stalled on redoing volume 2 in better quality. I can't stand reading my own work. I can't help but think of all the things I should have done better.
Your translations are fantastic, easily one of the best yuri translations right now tbh. So I hope your able to get that motivation back at some point

Echoing what others have said, this translation has been one of the most enjoyable I have ever read. Excellent quality.

I bought the first two Japanese volumes when they came out and just started supporting the Fanbox entirely because of the quality of this series and the quality of the translation. I still hope we get an official English translation, but I’m entirely satisfied if your translation is the only way I get to experience this story.

Users who are viewing this thread