The Princess of Sylph - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Hypericum

Dex-chan lover
and your taste in Yuri is the golden standard somehow? it’s clearly this type of story didn’t had such a wide appeal, the Readers voted with their wallets and their time to read, OR the publisher though it will be mega popular and instead it’s an niche story with small pool or readers
Which part of my comment suggested that? I just said I'm sad standards have changed, but I'm glad there is more money for authors in yuri even if it doesn't match my tastes.

Group Leader
For the record, Kamejiro indicated volume 1 never sold enough to be approved for a lengthy serialization. It was battle to recover momentum from the beginning, a battle most manga don't win. My guess is the axe notice came at the start of volume 3 and so a minor conflict was introduced to wrap things up. Those blaming the plot stalling for the cancellation have your cause and effect backwards. It was axed because volume 1 failed to find an audience that would satisfy the publisher.

The manga was in a unique position where Kamejiro stated from the serialization announcement years ago that, if it was axed, she planned to continue self-publishing. So the ending would never be much of an ending at all but an ordinary chapter. There couldn't be some dramatic finale because the story needs to go on.

Will the continuation be to this version of the story or the twitter one? And is that where it will be uploaded? Since this already says completed
This version. The twitter version is discontinued. If I continued translating it, I might make a separate 3rd entry, but as Kamejiro seems to have found a translator I'll be stepping down. Official TLs would be on Fanbox or later on Amazon. They won't be on Mangadex. If possible I'd appreciate if you paid for them.

I'll happily follow what Kamejiro and you work on next, because it is sure to be of high quality.
To go on a personal tangent, I've been feeling lost lately. I don't have the confidence to think ahead anymore. And it's not the abrupt endings of 2 series I translate, it's the persistent feeling nothing I ever do is good enough. Something I've always been dealing with but getting louder. A lot of me feels like quitting and saving myself the stress but that's just a dead end.

So the next manga I've picked up touches on some themes that I especially sympathize with right now:
A Curtain Call for You

I've also thought to make a discord server as a few have suggested, but I'm not sure how well I can manage something like that. I'd just like to more reliably keep people updated on the TL status and talk at length about the manga I love. I feel like I'm always shutting myself down.

Supporter
For the record, Kamejiro indicated volume 1 never sold enough to be approved for a lengthy serialization. It was battle to recover momentum from the beginning, a battle most manga don't win. My guess is the axe notice came at the start of volume 3 and so a minor conflict was introduced to wrap things up. Those blaming the plot stalling for the cancellation have your cause and effect backwards. It was axed because volume 1 failed to find an audience that would satisfy the publisher.

The manga was in a unique position where Kamejiro stated from the serialization announcement years ago that, if it was axed, she planned to continue self-publishing. So the ending would never be much of an ending at all but an ordinary chapter. There couldn't be some dramatic finale because the story needs to go on.

This version. The twitter version is discontinued. If I continued translating it, I might make a separate 3rd entry, but as Kamejiro seems to have found a translator I'll be stepping down. Official TLs would be on Fanbox or later on Amazon. They won't be on Mangadex. If possible I'd appreciate if you paid for them.

To go on a personal tangent, I've been feeling lost lately. I don't have the confidence to think ahead anymore. And it's not the abrupt endings of 2 series I translate, it's the persistent feeling nothing I ever do is good enough. Something I've always been dealing with but getting louder. A lot of me feels like quitting and saving myself the stress but that's just a dead end.

So the next manga I've picked up touches on some themes that I especially sympathize with right now:
A Curtain Call for You

I've also thought to make a discord server as a few have suggested, but I'm not sure how well I can manage something like that. I'd just like to more reliably keep people updated on the TL status and talk at length about the manga I love. I feel like I'm always shutting myself down.
For what it's worth, whenever you post a new translation I'm personally looking forward to your commentary on the chapter nearly as much as the chapter itself. Your passion for each of the series you pick up is really obvious and it makes me enjoy them so much more.

Dex-chan lover

A Curtain Call for You

I'm sure it might sound cliché but there are more people that care about you and your health than you might realize.
I do not know about your personal life and as such wont speculate about it. But as far as scanlations are concerned, know that the people participating in these discussion are the overwhelming minority among those that read and appreciate the work you put into translating series you are passionate about.

I genuinely feel that the effort you put into these translations can be seen on the page. And on a personal note, your translations are the first that I felt were of high enough quality that I should buy the Japanese takobon to support the author even if I can read JP only at the level of a 3 year old.

I hope this blurb won't come of as complete platitudes. But to keep it simple: take good care of yourself! Even if we have to wait a bit the people that appreciate your work will understand, so don't stress too much about it.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely cannot believe this did not do well, why the fuck would a mag not want to continue with this manga? I don't even particularly care for the yuri, it even feels tacked on. The characterization of each individual character, the world, and them being cutesey (albeit a bit weird for a god-queen..) carries the story. It's so well made.

Honestly I can't relate to the people finding this to be boring and all. It is focused on the relationship of the two girls, as a yuri manga usually does, and if given enough time and chapters, I am sure it would have progressed to a decent level. For the people saying it lacks a main plotline, I believe most romance stories don't really have such a thing as a main plot. Were you expecting the princess to go off somewhere to battle monsters? Or a succession war of sorts? Of course that would have been nice to see as well, but a lot of times it is just about how the girls' relationship progress and events start to sprout off that course. I give it a 9.5 out 10, for its artstyle, surprising goofyness mixed with a more mature plot, and the sometimes quirky translations.

@Beltaro keep up the good work mate. I really like what you did with the background actions verbs and sounds, it gives the manga a lot more personality.

Users who are viewing this thread