The Public Moral Committee Member and the Delinquent Who Will Be Together in the Future - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Cute! I’m glad this series is continuing on! Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Like, sure, they can, but it's a genre by and for lesbians, not one that needs to cater to cishet bullshit, like what we quoted.
not sure where you got your info from, but yuri was originally mostly hentai made by and enjoyed by men. It has changed a lot (for the better), but that doesn't mean there aren't male authors/artists still.

Also, not all male authors/writers/artists write "to cater to cishet". Virgin's Empire, one of the gayest and longest running yuri series, is written by a man, and he does a very good job of it.

frankly I find your generalization of "cishet = bad" is troublesome. Just because one person made a horrible comment doesn't mean everyone else is like them.

Dex-chan lover
yuri was originally mostly hentai made by and enjoyed by men.
That's simply untrue. The transition from Class S to yuri occurred in erotic josē magazines, not sēnen magazines, in the 90s, especially in Lady's Comic Misuto. Yuri was already a term of community self-identification among lesbians in japan before this going back to its use in the Barazoku magazine in the 70s and 80s. Since then, the development of yuri has occured in lesbian dominated magazines like Yuri Shimai or Comic Yuri Hime, not in sēnen magazines. Yuri is a lesbian genre that sometimes men also enjoy, but this does not mean it's for them.

Banned
it's a genre by and for lesbians
What? You have no idea what you are talking about. It's almost on the same level as
yuri was originally mostly hentai made by and enjoyed by men
Dude, what the fuck is wrong with western yuri readers? You literally have to read up on the history of this genre before you talk stupid shit.
That's simply untrue. The transition from Class S to yuri occurred in erotic josē magazines, not sēnen magazines, in the 90s, especially in Lady's Comic Misuto. Yuri was already a term of community self-identification among lesbians in japan before this going back to its use in the Barazoku magazine in the 70s and 80s. Since then, the development of yuri has occured in lesbian dominated magazines like Yuri Shimai or Comic Yuri Hime, not in sēnen magazines. Yuri is a lesbian genre that sometimes men also enjoy, but this does not mean it's for them.
Yuri as a genre only really manifested in the 90s. While it is true that there was manga about lesbians, it was more akin to shoujo manga. "Yuri" as a genre and the defining of it took place way later. I really hate people like you that pull this crap. But i did not expect any less from someone that uses terms like "cishet". Go back to twitter and rot there.

Atleast i got two new people on my ignore list.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yuri as a genre only really manifested in the 90s.
Yes. Read the post you're quoting that says precisely that.
it was more akin to shoujo manga.
No, it started in josē magazines, not in shōjo ones.

And, like, even if it was shōjo, this would only reinforce that it's by and for lesbians.
But i did not expect any less from someone that uses terms like "cishet". Go back to twitter and rot there.
You seem to have a healthy relationship with queer people.

About the talk "cishet men can enjoy yuri too." Of course they can, it's a story like another other after all, just don't have any weird fetishes about it please...

Users who are viewing this thread