The Queen - Vol. 1 Ch. 43 - A Monarch losing the Battle

I am so conflicted in terms of who to support anymore. I want to think that the emperor doesn’t hate her. I just want some peaceful days already, so much drama and anxiety in every chapter for the last 10 chapters.

Supporter
@darknesspker this manhua is full of drama and twists so if you want some peace, I think you'll definitely be disappointed.
As for whom to support...well just support the one you can sympathize the most with, or none at all, it's fine to criticize everyone in this manhua

Well, after the end of season 1, i'm thinking of dropping this, too much nonsense and pointless drama for the hell of it.
Also, the only character i kinda cared about is dead now, so there's that.
Have fun reading this, i think it still worth, just not for me :)

@Yatsuki - True. Honestly, aside from knowing 100% that the Empress Dowager is evil, I don't know who is evil and who is good. I know the female MC is supposed to be good, but she also caused some sort of travesty that devastated the snow people, so I have no idea if she and/or will remain a good person. The Snow King, I have absolutely no idea about as he got so little screen time, but, I am leaning towards him being good. The Emperor is an enigma that I am completely conflicted with so I won't state whether I think he is good or not.

@kazaddum - I would love to if he could actually show some consistent proof of his humanity (if he has any left that is).

Season 2 looks more interesting to me only by looking at the raws. I like heavy drama in historical series anyway. There was real drama back then in monarchy in different parts of the world, especially in harems. Look at Chinese History, Korea, Middle east, Turkey and even Britain and other countries...

I just hope that emperor gets a good lesson. What I like about this series is no one is perfect not even the MC. It's not a childish story in which whatever MC and ML say or do is right. You're able to see the darkness in their hearts as well. I'm kind of tired of those perfect, good looking MLs with super abs. haha So this series is a good change. I can only hope for a meaningful ending though. Also the art is so... ^^

Thank you translator for the time and work you're putting into this.

This story is so complex, court life is pretty much a game of throne. You have multiple players trying to survive and grow their power. One wrong move and it will cost you your life.

Current players -
The empress Dowager likely killed the late Emperor and now holds her own military. I'm curious to find out about the secret origins of the Empress Dowager, why is she so ashamed of it? I wonder if she half foreigner, maybe thats why she loathes them so much? How did she get her power. She can't openly kill the emperor without repercussion. Is she purely evil or is there that meets that eyes? Surely, the late Emperor must have left a clue for his son.

Consort Ling - She started out so pure but for the sake of survival she's learned to play the game. She depended on the Emperor for survival in the Harem and now the Dowager for survival. I dont see her foolishly letting the Emperor die, for personal reasons and survival reasons. She knows not to trust the Dowager and once the Emperor is out of the way. She knows her life is over. So she needs him a live too.

And then you the Emperor - His power is limited, he needs the Dowager to survive. He was raised not to trust anymore in order to survive the harsh environment of court life. As he returns to politics, he has gained more supporters but is it enough for him to no longer need the dowager? How does he intend to deal with consort Ling, he created an opponent that he has underestimated.

Qingying - She was given the opportunity of a life of freedom and comfort but opted to stay in the palace for power. Will she maintain her loyalty to Consort Ling or will she fulfill her own ambitions? I feel her greed will influence her more.

And new player - The Current Empress Consort, She stood at the sideline while she let Ling and Huan battled it out. Now that Consort Huan has been removed (no need to worry about the Mirage Army anymore), she begins to make her own moves for power and influence. I'm curious about her background, what powerful family did she come from and what is her relationship with the Emperor? He seems to let her be.

Double-page supporter
honestly a lot of these "twists" werent shocking or needed, the story is enjoyable tho but when there is a "twist" every chapter it loses its impact and just feels like a hollow plot device.

That little maid girl should have exited the story awhile ago and now we gonna have to see more of her in the future, she really doesnt add anything to this story at this point since she is just there to cause drama and get in the way

Supporter
@darknesspker Hey it's just my personal opinion/viewpoint when reading this manhua but it's better to not assign good or bad to anyone. Because as you said, you will just be thrown off by their actions. The way I see it, everyone in this story is grey, they do both bad and good things to achieve their goals, and different readers have different character that they can sympathize with. Example Mims (The translator) has made some very good points about Saya, the Mirage's dame, especially about her pride and love for the Mirage people, and I understand it. But I personally can't accept Saya's way. Though, I do think it's very interesting to consider the character's position, situation, personalities etc and connect or compare it to the path and action they take, because it makes sense why they do it, even if it's not a good action.

PS: I hope my rambling makes sense haha

Group Leader
@proulout

I think you are a Saya type of person, eh? So am I and I can swear that if I weren't 100% sure that not only Saya is alive and kicking, but the Mirage Army has never been as dangerous, Supreme Commander Aluoye has never been more devious, I would have never translated this thing.

Saya is the queen of my heart, a true warrior lady and a true soldier. And plus, she was obviously the main female character of Season 1 and also considered as the only character with true honor by the author (it was all in the characters of her name). You guys are two chapters late. I've just translated the end of the season.

Before you drop it, come and let us have a chat, you and I. People on Mangadex, though I tried to give them hints, have not been picking up on the story at all and have glossed over EVERYTHING that was important. Ling Zhi was nothing but a distraction. As soon as you think there was useless drama, you've got tricked. Everything was perfectly planned out and the timing was pure perfection.

Saya has never been less dead than now. She is alive. She is kicking. And she is most probably raising an army for Ling Zhi.

The Empress Dowager has her army.
Mu Xuanjue has most probably Supreme Commander Aluoye and the Mirage Army (you people glossed over EVERYTHING) and has had him for 6 years.
And Ling Zhi, Ling Zhi has Dame Aluoye Saya, played by her own father, used as a pawn for military games by Mirage. But finally free of her illusions, finally free of Mirage.

@Mims At the end of the season 1, it was the character i found the more fleshed out, and rather than a "fan", i was more interested in her shenanigans than i was about the main heroine, the emperor or the others.
Since the only character that provided (for me) entertainment is gone, for now or for good, i'm putting this on hold. If i'm picking this again, it'ill be for at least a good batch of chapters, as i peeked in the raws and while it could be interesting, i don't really care for any of the characters involved.
I'm not taking guesses or speculation while reading historical dramas, i like to be surprised. I hope i will be when i'm picking this up again.
Anyway, thanks for the translations OMAS ;)

Users who are viewing this thread