The Rapeman

Manga is form of art that combines books and pictures. Before I begin my review, I would like to preface that I have given The Rapeman (1985) a personal full 5/5 rating, or a actual 10/10 star rating upon this site.
Characters:
The Rapeman was, back in Old Japan, their very own modern Thanos. A rich and developed character, whose motivations are pure, and whose goals are achieved through what he believes as necessary evil.
Rapeman dispenses justice on those who deserves it, much like a vigilante hitman. He's a hitman because they accept contracts to do so. I think Rapeman's catchphrase speaks to the quality of his character: Don't thank me, thank rape.
Plot:
It's simple and absolutely enthralling. Every bit of it makes me eager to read on. There is some comedy, and it hits off rather well. Also unironically, unlike the rest of this post, the sneaking bits are cool.
Art:
Gorgeous for a mid-80s manga. Shintaro was ahead of his time, and his death sours the manga community as a whole. Character design is rather ingenious too. The hentai serves the plot (and me) pretty well.
Overall:
10/10 would rape again.

Aggregator gang
Teacher by day, rapist by night!
A masked hero our times so desperately need!

Aggregator gang
Teacher by day, rapist by night!
A masked hero our times so desperately need!

Wow I mean just wow. We have like tons of great mangas and you don't see any of them getting translated but look at this one. We're actually getting update everyday 🤣 for this trash. I'm sorry but I don't see any reason why someone would translate this shit unless they are or have worked on hentais in translation. That would make sense.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Rapeman. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of criminal law most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rapeman's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Rapeman truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rapeman's existential catchphrase "Righting wrongs through penetration," which itself is a cryptic reference to Grant Macdonald's American epic Ram Ranch. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Miyawaki Shintaro's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rapeman tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're alone and vulnerable beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Aggregator gang
@Siddj i never did get the "there are so many great manga..." thing. like, sure, but there are so many great manga that you could be reading and commenting on, ya know. Not to mention the whole "different strokes"/"one man's trash is another man's treasure" aspect of the argument. "there are so many great manga going untranslated but this gets blah blah blah" is basically a copypasta at this point.

Dex-chan lover
With a name like that, I'm sure he's just gonna walk a girl home and be done with the day.
A good, wholesome man.
:^)

Dex-chan lover
Ages ago, I remember a humor website was doing satirical reviews of hentai, and there was one where this rich guy got the girl in his car, then said to his chauffeur "PREPARE THE CAR FOR RAPE" and that's basically what this title reminds me. A guy with a car that possesses a rape mode. It's kinda fucked up, and I'm not even sure if it's real or a figment of my imagination.

That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread