The Real Daughter Is Back - Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
I have mixed feelings about this. Should I be happy or concerned that they now have a way to find her?

I have mixed feelings about this. Should I be happy or concerned that they now have a way to find her?
Honestly it's hard to say. Both the Crown Prince and Dilett do both care about Helga far more than I think Helga gave them credit for but she still left because she was unhappy and abused so... it's difficult to say if trying to find her when she doesn't want to found is the right thing.

But the ambiguity of it is what makes for delicious drama so I am excited to see how it goes from here.

Double-page supporter
Feels more like most manhwa doesn't get posted to mangadex due to the most prolific scanners preferring to post to their own sites only or something. TBH though, at least personally I don't think I've felt that excited or interested by the more recent chapters of this series, although it's definitely on the better half of the stuff that gets published and might be more on me than on the work itself.

Fed-Kun's army
For me, personally, I'd say concerned more than happy. For all the happiness that the two can give her, she has chosen to distance herself away. And them trying to find her, to the point of self-harm for Helianne, is a bit too far.

I feel that if they have any respect for her and her decisions, they should just leave her alone, give her money, send her letters, but not find and visit her. If they want space, give them space, and the option to choose you. The most they should do is just have open arms for when she decides she wants to come back.

A person deserves privacy when they want it, and any reasonable person can assume and deduce from the evidence they have gathered that Helga wanted to hide, and she planned this out. And I think, even if they want to meet her, they should let her enjoy her freedom as she wishes. It's just the right thing to do.

But y'know, this is a Manhwa, good things come with the prince's visit and she suddenly realized that she would've wanted her privacy utterly violated by her friends.

Or the author (hopefully) decides to be creative, and makes her legitimately angry, portray this as a breaking of trust, because any reasonable person wouldn't appreciate their old friends using witchcraft to find her address instead of being reasonable and waiting for her to tell them instead.

Dex-chan lover
Helianne's love and fanaticism for her sister feels really out of place and unearned. She'll kill herself to find her sister? Really? The one you spoke to like 5 times?

It would have been better if she was just suspicious of what was going on and felt familial responsibility to help her sister rather than this weird manic bs. I will say it's refreshing that she wasn't a villain or so self-absorbed as to be hateful, she's someone who genuinely wants to be family and is just a bit naive.

Users who are viewing this thread