The Reincarnated Inferior Magic Swordsman - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - departure

Dex-chan lover
so that sword had the same effect of seeing demons from Bird Box that upon seeing them people are forced to suicide.

also that knight girl is pretty similar to noerl (dunno if i spelt it right) from the isekai gacha hell manga

@Mandeer - Umm, how so? He struck them with the intention of killing them, and when they ran into the cave, he didn't save them. Isn't he the opposite of what you just said.

What a useless sword.

Why not just directly kill people instead of whatever dumb shit it does?

Dex-chan lover
This isn't spoiler, just some of my prediction about the story.
That town is actually controlled by demons, the chief is the demon that using mind controll on villagers and chant the spell that 'a person with black hair and eyes must die'
Actually the legend about black hair and eyes tell that the person is a hero to subjugate the demon king.
The world is harsh since there are demons all over the place to manipulate the situation so that one day they could conquer the world, but since they're few in numbers and not everyone are strong enough to overwhelm others, so they try to hit where it hurts....and demons could outlived any other races so they could just take it slow.
The church of light where their objective is to subjugate demons send a holy warrior to subjugate a hoard of goblins but it turned out that they're much stronger than the intel said so she got into bad spot and become damsel in distress for the true hero to come in rescue.
The story could fold in different ways but some interesting ways would be MC subjugated the demon king and got betrayed by the authority so he become avenger instead to fight high echelon in society. Or MC liberated many races and finally building up the nation to fight against demons because only power of a person could do as much, it would be better to lead people to the war.
Well if it's some third rated story then it'll ended up becoming a leveling, farming, and harem.
dude I wish that I could draw better than the current me so I could have my own comic....well I might need few more years to actually achieve this goal.

Dex-chan lover
Yep... Called it... <Granted 1 point for Captain Obvious level of observation skill>
"Black hair" and "Black eyes" are the devil!

Now, I'm more interested in the fine lady with a bountiful chest that appeared behind him, to be honest.

Seven Sins sword? Ate their Wrath and left nothing but cowardice?

The transition into suddenly, a wild waifu appears, it was awful. At least author could've wrapped things up with previous plot.

But we need a cliff don' we?

You know the black hair black eyes = evil trope isn't that common. It HAS been used but more than used it gets referenced where the MC will be like "is it like this" and its not... But I think I've only run across 2 or 3 that actually used the trope. Most plot devices I have seen much more than that. Also while it seems like a jerky jump from one plot to another... I kind of like it. I don't think every plot needs to be cleanly wrapped up and the MC saying whatever fuck it then abandoning to another plot is actually kind of refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the cliche is mega, can people stop it with heroine and goblin combination, the rape arc shit has lost its meaning now

poor pacing, poor execution, filled to the brim with tropes with zero regard to whether they enrich the story or characters. isekai is the gift that keeps on giving

Aggregator gang
I have to amend my previous comment, I thought this protagonist was going to be one of those naive idiot beta mc. Previously I thought he was refusing to fight back and defend himself because he had some sort of warped sense of morality that kept him from harming humans. Honestly I thought he was just going to run away to avoid having to fight them, or at most knock them unconscious. Seeing him go straight to execution though that was satisfying. Turns out the dude isn't a complete fucktard after all, might still be a bit of a beta, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread