The Reincarnated Inferior Magic Swordsman - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - The First Request

Dex-chan lover
So Esther's breastplate was actually hiding a fair bit of breastfleisch. The metal is thinner than I assumed.

Dex-chan lover
fuck my ass raw, can mangakas stop with the pissing herb collection quest copy-paste storyline. Can you have a single original idea in your pathetic life? be a bit more audacious, make him pick some fruit or moss, push the boundaries of the isekai genre and have him collect fungus, ooh lala would that be some innovative writing. I just want to neck myself every time I read isekai, why does my favorite genre have to be a wasteland of plagiarism
Try Inuyasha. It's technically time travel, but the manga is great, and even the Anime dub is excellent.

Heroes Union BBS is an excellent iseka manga about various heroes from various worlds complaining about their isekai experiences and getting help from each other. It's a wonderful deconstruction of the genre.

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic is one that does things differently enough I think you may enjoy it.

If you're into normal books, I believe Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz technically count as isekai, and those are literary classics.

I know the feeling though: isekai is plagued with ripoff tropes and same-old-same-old. I love the genre but it gets tiring.

I'm actually writing one, believe it or not, and so far things are very different. No harem for the main character to start with. No ETA on when it'll be finished, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread