The Reincarnated "Sword Saint" Wants to Take It Easy - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - 《Sword Saint》's Bodyguard

He's still just a kid,they are treating him a little bit too harsh,strong or not

Double-page supporter
Is Sirius Black a tl meme or did the mangaka actually write that lol

Group Leader
Seems pretty strange they'd be ok with a 10 year old girl winning a martial arts sword tournament against other adults, but not a 12 year old sword teacher boy teaching other kids in their teens.

Edit:
@Oculunus
The girl is a living proof that you can become a national champion at the age of 10 and yet everyone there, her included, is so surprised and this 12 years old beings just as good. Stupid.
Ah, I see I'm not the only one who had the same thought. I should have looked at the other comments.

Dex-chan lover
I Love me some short haired girl! Plus the plot only makes her better...

Supporter
Putting "Kenjustsu" in a manga with an Occidental setting is really strange... It would be better to use Sword training, for example :/
I can understand using it for Oriental readers, but I fell it strange when looking at the Occidental building, cloths and swords...

there are a couple things that kinda bug me

he's turning 12
but it's been three years since he died
so, he reincarnated into a 9yo, or as a 9yo, or recovered his memories at 9 years old
this one isn't too bad, since it can be mostly handwaved as "isekai shenanigans"

but this one bugs me a lot

he's the youngest knight in the kingdom
and he didn't even use a pseudonym
you'd think all of the people in a sword class would know his name

Double-page supporter
@Tesla I think Kenjutsu just means "swordmanship" in Japanese, right? It's used to indicate Japanese swordmanship specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if in Japan they use it as a general term (like how they use "manga" for all comics).

I think this might be more on the translator, than on the author worrying about his Jap audience.

I guess I don't really know Japanese though, so I mightbe wrong.

Supporter
@xzhh
I agree with you, My message was for the Translator, because us english readers (I'm not english, I'm just saying that a big part of the readers will be from Occidental culture) may find strange to read Kenjutsu and not Sworldmanship, for example.

I should have explained the why of my comment and the targeted receiver... ^^'

I just hate it when the mc is a 12 year old who can surpass adults. It completely goes against logic and creates a trend to further makes it less relatable. I’ve even seen one where the MC is 6, it makes sense that they had a previous life. However, when it is culturally accepted in the world/society that a boy, Who not even hits puberty exceeds the level of even normal adults as the norm.

Contributor
Thank you for the hard work!

Question: on page eight Alta says that it has been three years since he died, but on page thirty-seven he gives his age as twelve… when he is also in a world other than that of his first life– why is that? Is it a typo? An arithmetic error on the part of the writer or mangaka? Something else?

Princess, "Fight me seriously"
Germansoundingname-san,"so you have chosen death"

Dex-chan lover
Bruh you needed your yuri looking friend to be your backup and you still lost

Sword Saint Princess my ass

Users who are viewing this thread