The Rise of the Unemployed Wise Man - Ch. 33

Hey, guy that uploaded this. Sorry there are so many shitdicks in the comments who insulted you for putting out free content for them. The rest of us do appreciate your work, it gives up joy. Why else would so many of us be here if that wasn't obviously the case? Thank you for your work on this and future translations, in any form they may come.

and ngl I personally thought that begone thot was kinda funny in an unexpected way

Supporter
I had not cried for the "begone thot" but I like this one better tbh. Having that as a credit page would be cool thou.
Thanks for the chapter!

Fed-Kun's army
palp.jpg

Aggregator gang
Awwww 😕 Why you do that..... You guys didn't have to abide to some sht t ers.

Just ignore the toxic people.

Fed-Kun's army
no one actually got that upset at a single line in a single panel did they

Dex-chan lover
I must be going senile; I could have sworn I've already read this chapter and even written a comment on it earlier, but apparently not.

You all not going senile, it's just the previous upload was not by this team I think, and got deleted.

I thought the previous version was funnier, albeit probably not as true to the original work

I respect all of the efforts the translators put in (regardless) so I don't feel "entitled" to anything and am grateful for their work; that said, I also respect having accuracy and a consistent tone in the translations, so thanks for the fix that now mirrors the original Japanese.

To those who seem to think that readers should be happy with whatever they get as it's free: while that may be true in one way, I can't really see the point in translating or reading manga that is deliberately mistranslated (unless this is stated up front so everyone knows what they are getting into). Taking this attitude to the extreme, you could have the translator putting in "So... This d*** ain't gonna suck itself!" in the dialogue box of the most moving part of a great manga which had been seriously translated up to that point.

Surely the translators are doing this to spread enjoyment of the manga they also like, right? Part of why they do this also has to be the pride they take in their translations. I'm sure they just wanted to give the readers a laugh, but by suddenly inserting a meme they broke the tone the manga had had up to that point and that would have brought a lot of readers out of the story. As others have said, as a bonus panel at the end it would have been funny and no one would have been confused or complained. Live and learn, I guess. When you try to achieve something there are bound to be some misjudgments and mistakes. That comes of trying to do anything rather than just sitting on your ass.

The funny thing is, if there were never any criticisms and translators got equal praise for putting out crap or screwing around instead of putting out quality work I'm betting many of the the hard-working translators who do their best to put out good work would feel unappreciated, get jaded, and would end up packing it in.

Dex-chan lover
it was only 1 line of a joke(?) in just 1 panel on a page and people "democracy" it, it's not even the wrong context lol

Dex-chan lover
Come on, I thought that the "BEGONE THOT" line was funny. Oh well.

Still, thank you for your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread