The Rise of the Unemployed Wise Man - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
So basically, the outer gods created orcs to scout out new territories, humans killed the outer gods and thus the ones keeping the orcs in line, and their orcs went rampant when there wasn't a outer god to propagate their species thus the whole raiding human territory for wives thing (aka orcs are vikings i guess?)

@RamenRider
I'm not sure that is what the story is going for, besides considering karna is stronger than literally everyone on the planet and the tone of the story he'll probably figure out a way to fix this is my guess.

@GrayBypasser
As i said in my first part, more than likely it wouldn't have turned out as bad if the outer gods hadn't been killed, orcs were essentially created as the same way as we'd make robots or other types of machines for exploration, when the outer gods died (or if humanity went extinct but their androids were still functional), both their reason for existence as well as their way to propagate normally was gone, so the race essentially went mad.
It's not like it's a defensible stance, but you can't really blame the outer gods for something they had no chance to fix (the outer gods are essentially implied to be like the greek gods, aka falliable).

Group Leader
Anyone think this is going to go slime territory? He’s gonna find a way to evolve them into high orcs

Fed-Kun's army
Nice nice. Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

The wife scolding/demanding ork bro to cook food for her, felt out of context for me.
His husband is occupied, she's clearly have some free time, two healthy hands, and two very hungry kids, why not make it herself?

Dex-chan lover
@ClinTEastwooD maybe for orc the wives has highest standing in the family. Because without them they will steadily lose their population.

Whaatt.. The most interesting part is cut, what await in the orc houses?

Haha boomer humor marriage: wife mad and bad, husband sad and trapped with angry evil wife haha funny marriage sucks haha /sarcasm

Fed-Kun's army
@Tatsuya-Kai Well, if the code has bugs and fully relies on outside interferance, we would likely blame programmer for creating such a shitty programm. It makes sense, that original orcs were solely created by gods, and after many years of crossbreeding, they became weaker, but still it remains questionable to create a race without means to propagate. After orcs had lost their use, were the gods planning to wipe them out? So, i think you do have a strong point, and gods didn't intend for orcs to become so violent and it most likely wasn't a reason to kill them, but still they are to blame for creating something that goes wild without control.

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser
I used the AI argument to point out this reason, a AI if we make it, will likely not have a normal means of reproduction due to it potentially being harmful, the outer gods probably thought they made the orcs sterile or only able to breed with pigs, the human factor being likely a unintended and unknown exception (fun fact, besides hominids, humans are genetically extremely similar to pigs, 96% of our genome is the same as pigs, this is why many medicines and such talk about growing extra organs in pigs and the like, it would be the most cost effective way if we used genetic manipulation medicine).
In a ai's case it's not entirely impossible a ai might modify itself to be genetically similar to human while also having artificial traits aka something like terminator, if there is no way to reproduce through creating more of itself (or if there's a law of robotics against it, basically a loophole in the law is entirely possible), while it seems unlikely, bio-tech is arguably far better at information transfer so it's not entirely impossible either.

Users who are viewing this thread