The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 13 Ch. 49 - Outwit

she said just give up because the giant turtle
can be considered as emergency resort to protect the world since more people the giant turtle killed the longer wave cooldown is, but the problem is the giant turtle need to be sealed or killed after some time or the giant turtle might be kill one of the under powered heroes who actually the lynchpin of the world from the true enemy

and her teleport range is basically
near blue hourglass of place that any human almost can't reach
and quite possible the other heroes just hide on place close to some city or village

Dex-chan lover
I didn't like Fitoria's attitude, but I Understand why she need to be like that.

If the heroes relationship is bad, it increase the risk of them being dead.
And if one or two or three of the heroes dead, some holy weapon would become useless.
Uncomplete set of holy weapon can't hold the wave.
Heroes are summoned as a set you can't summon new heroes if the old one still alive.
Hence, if they can't get along its better just to kill them all (including Naofumi) and summon a new set of heroes.

Her priority is to save the world itself, not its resident . If killing humans and monster would save it, she would do it.

Group Leader
Oh please, make the 3 other heroes dead already.
The plot is going nowhere, the author keeps adding complications, mysteries and shit on top of each other without resolving anything.

I already know that the 3 fuckwits won't die, because:
1. The Bow Douchebag still has some unresolved issues with the Shy Bitch.
2. The Spear Wanker still needs to fall in love with Chicken Shit.
3. Some kind of fucking plot armor for the last Assface.

This is getting boring fast. This was my favorite Isekai by far up to the first meeting with Queen BirdCunt... now I'm thinking that I should just drop this.

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus fuck we're 49 chapters in and those 3 fucktards are STILL alive and they're STILL assholes. Fucking hell way to drag it on, this is a good isekai but it's taking fucking forever for anything to change

UGH

@aFFi
@cherokeemoon

You guys are funny. In one Isekai if heroes say they dont want to save world and be a puppet of Kings and then they are running away from castle - you say thats cool. In this story when heroes try to be independent you say they are assholes.

There are always diffrent points of view xD

@xEternalSoul
Neither.
What I want to do is show you guys that some of the MC of other Isekais tends to act similar as those hereos here. Those guys are not evil but more egoistical/self centred. You see them in this bad light thanks to story focusing on Shield Hero. Most of the time MC in other isekais don't bother with knowing all the backstory and circumstances of people they meet or what will happen to them in the future when hero leaves that particular place. Authors won't bother showing you consequences of all the actions of the heros coz some of those things would make them less atractive.

TL;DR: I just purposely exaggerate and overthink (too deep)

@Yamibi I understand what you are trying to say, but i think you are using the wrong examples to demonstrate that point. Naofumi himself acts like a bigger villain than the other 3 heroes but he treats those around him well and this is typical of most isekai MCs. On the other hand, the 3 heroes can't be viewed in a positive light no matter how you see it, there are no 'different point of views' here to even see them in a different light. Motoyasu is a skirt-chaser who doesn't even care about the feelings and thoughts of the girls he goes for and forcefully imposes his own imagination of their circumstances on them, Ren thinks the whole world is a game and causes a plague because of his negligence, Itsuki has a hero complex and would cause problems or ignore them until the last moment to come and 'save the situation'. Unless the novels or manga that you are reading are incredibly niche, I don't think any of them are similar to most isekai MCs.

Contributor
Retarded Heroes still retarded till the end.....
Their behavior worsen than kindergartner brat, that's so called an adult??

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul
doesn't even care about the feelings and thoughts of the girls he goes for and forcefully imposes his own imagination of their circumstances on them
has a hero complex
Sounds like those self-righteous isekai mc alright.
The kind that thinks nip laws should apply to isekai.

a skirt-chaser
thinks the whole world is a game
And this sounds exactly like the mc from those more laid-back isekai.
The one where the mc never hesitates going deep into some supposedly dangerous dungeon.

@CoolOtamegane they ain't adult tho.
iirc, bow and sword still in school while spear is still a college student
edit: Well, got it. bow and sword still in hs while spear and shield is in college.
Now that I notice it it, their act actually seems to annoyingly fit their age, no?

Dex-chan lover
my god please just kill the other heroes already

i dont even want them to make up anymore just game end them

@mage_goo Have you read the full conversation? My comment was regarding how the 3 heroes were bad examples of isekai MCs whose actions are bad when looked from a different perspective, I don't see how you can portray them as good or helpful in any way. Unless the majority of the isekai stories you have been reading have MCs that are outright villains with no redeeming aspects, my opinion still stands.
Unless the novels or manga that you are reading are incredibly niche, I don't think any of them are similar to most isekai MCs.

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul I thought we are talking about how the three buffoon is just an eerily fitting caricature of most isekai MCs, thus opening up a new perspective on the reader's view of most isekai MCs behavior.
Not how the three buffoon is a direct example of the particular kind of isekai MCs whose act only looks good on surface level. Which is, afaik, kinda rare.

And I really don't get why you can't see killing dragon that terrorizes villagers, killing tyrant, and freeing slave as some level of good.
The author might goes out of their way to make every heroic act that the three heroes attempt to do somehow fails, but it's still an attempt at doing heroic act.

Group Leader
@Yamibi
Well, no...
When you accept that the kingdom pays you, gives you gift, helps you train, gives you retainers and housing in exchange for you protecting the kingdom by fighting waves of monster, you don't take it all, get jealous a on particular hero that you've scorned before because he's stronger that you, and then just leave, contrary to the will of the kingdom that fed you for months.

My problem is that those heroes are actively bad. They're just short of proper vilains at this point.
Let's see... treating retainers and companions like shit and meat shields, causing disasters around the world to feel like a hero, refusing to share their knowledge of their weapons with their saviour, reaping the benefits of being heroes without actually heroing, refusing to work with the strongest hero because reasons, ... and so much more.

There's no "point of view" where those douchebags could actually be considered good guys. There's only one Isekai MC that those guys remind me of, and I dropped that real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread