The Rock 'n Roll Band - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
That was a fun oneshot. Like a shorter version of films like 'Lock Stock' and 'Snatch' (which are my favourite films so I'm a little biased here).
Respect for the old man doing some kind of poor attempt at witness protection rather than just kicking them to the curb.

Dex-chan lover
This one is just super charming. Doesn't feel like it's intended as something to be continued/serialised, it feels complete for what it is. Guitarist dude gets to keep playing, side part dude got his job, the lovers got to run away together, and... well, nobody cares about the other band members lol.

Dex-chan lover
Nice! Great musical advice from the uncle there. I have Dr. Feelgoods debut album as well. Wilko Johnson might not have been the ultimate guitar hero, but his energetic fingerstyle playing fit Dr. Feelgood's honest down to Earth rock very well. They were kind of forerunners for the punk wave in the 70's and topped the British charts with a live album. Then the band fired Wilko and everything went to shit.
Here is a Dr. Feelgood concert from the early days. Wilko is there, as is his Telecaster and even his hair (I said it was early days).
He died a year ago, so even if I'm too young to have seen him with Dr. Feelgood I still managed to see him live once some years ago. Old, bald, sick from pancreatic cancer but still rocking hard. Glorious.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for this it's rare for naoki urasawa manga get translated and post in here 🙏

Group Leader
Urasawa is a goat of modern life stories.

Only he can pack a whole movie into 40 pages.

That was a fun oneshot. Like a shorter version of films like 'Lock Stock' and 'Snatch' (which are my favourite films so I'm a little biased here).
Respect for the old man doing some kind of poor attempt at witness protection rather than just kicking them to the curb.
Ehm... What about Rock'n'Rolla?

Users who are viewing this thread