The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Damn I thought you guys forgot about this series, glad to see you make a scan for the new chapter :D

Dex-chan lover
I’ve bad vibes for this manga. Im just waiting for the childhood friend to reveal she’s in cahoots with everyone else to get revenge on mc.

The one thing I really hate about this series is that the MC acknowledges the obviously better pick between the two girls as the best choice, but still decides to go for the other one solely because he needs to choose her for the plot to move forward because nip authors can't into post-confession romance. He has no in-universe reason to pick Shirokusa over Kuroha besides the horribly flimsy "first love is important" nonsense.

Loads of other series do the same thing of making the MC choose/go after the worse choice, or not choose at all, so the plot can move forward, but what this series does that those do not is that this one makes the MC himself acknowledge that the other girl is the superior choice and yet he still decides to go for Shirokusa instead of Kuroha because he's forced to otherwise the series would be like 10 chapters long or something because the author, like most seemingly, can't write anything besides pre-confession antics. It's as if the MC is aware that he's in a manga or something in acknowledging the logical choice but then, as if the author whispers to him as a voice in his head, he forces himself to make the wrong choice so his "life" in the manga can continue on and then uses some weak ass excuse like "your first love is precious".

Aside from that fact, I really love the series. The art is great, the characters are likeable and well written and their interactions feel more real than most romcoms. And then not to mention the TL and TS which isn't related directly to the series itself but still greatly increases my enjoyment of it. Thanks for the releases and am looking forward to more.

oh and end rant.

@Polo You read a lot of this because you enjoy this kind of type no?You look like you read a lot even when you' re complaining, you realize that you are into this. It's just funny that you hate one part and you still say that you love this.

Anyway, it's a nice feeling seeing them together. Honestly, they are better off this way, audience wise.

Dex-chan lover
@Polo
Or he simply is a fool in love? When you're very strongly into someone, even if you know they're not the best pick, you'll still want them and not someone else. It's emotions, not logic.

I am going to be really upset if the childhood friend loses

Talk about a jebait in the making

Fed-Kun's army
To be honest, I don't know what secrets Kachi is hiding herself, but so far it's definitely Kuro making the worse impression. The audience is encouraged to root for her due to how the manga is framed, but if you try to look at things objectively her manipulative behaviour and how she gets in the way of what Maru seems to want does not reflect very kindly on her. Of course in normal circumstances, after finding out that Kachi has a boyfriend it would be the logical thing to do to support his moving on since he'd most likely have no chance, but seeing as it's been shown that something is off with Kachi and Kuro might know a thing or two about that, the way she tries to keep Maru away from her (preventing him from finding out what the deal is with her and if he really has any chances) seems to be for her own sake. And that's not something for a teenager honestly, but it's not going to make me like it any more.

I'm not saying that the other two don't have flaws either. At best, Maru is easily swayed and dense while Kachi is hesitant to act and giving mixed signals. But so far, Kachi has been the most annoying to me, because she's the one actively trying to prevent what her friend wants, because she wants him for herself while the others' flaws mostly harm themselves or at most unintentionally harm others. And I'm also not saying I support the Kachi ship either. The story shall flow as it flows and it's too early for me to have an opinion on how it will go (except pointing to the obvious, if it's that easy) or what I'd personally prefer. So, we'll see.

Future reveals could of course change everything, because perspective matters a lot, but this is just how things look right now.

Aggregator gang
I think it's going to come out the the black haired girl is a forgotten childhood friend.

Fed-Kun's army
Lemme guess, the long haired girl is another childhood friend of him hence the "suu-chan" and the short haired girl is maybee slightly manipulative and I'm not sure if she's good or a bad person.

Dex-chan lover
I like the way this artist draws girls, but goddamn the way MC looks like a superdeformed shota in half the panels (despite being taller than two main girls) is annoying

Dex-chan lover
what is this shit I don't need a twist like her being his childhood friend! the premise of this manga was a trick!

Fed-Kun's army
Wow this Shiro girl is annoying. What right does she have to be angry when she's dating the other guy? >.< Hopefully, MC moves on...though, I have a bad feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread