The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose! - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
We really needed that rejection? Seriously, what is wrong with all of them.

This is just so perfect that I can't ignore it at all 😆
20201031-124310.png

Dex-chan lover
I have a burning hated for this manga/ln

I saw the title and it had me excited but after I read the first chapter here I went to read the lightnovel since my instinct from reading bad lightnovels told me that this was gonna have a garbage plot. So, before I could get any hope, I went and read to this point in the story in the light novel. All hope I might have gained died when I got to this part.

The guy has confessed to both girls, both girls have confessed to the guy, all 4 confessions were rejected. The person on the rejecting side of each confessions had feelings for the person that confessed to them at the time they rejected the person confessing to them. I guess I'll call this next bit a spoiler for next chapter since they ended this chapter in the middle of the first light novel's wrap up chapter.
That new girl that showed up is someone he knew when he was acting and is also technically his childhood friend. (I'll complain about Shiro and this new girl being considered childhood friends a bit further down cause I hate that too.) When the new girl runs up and hugs the mc, both Shiro and Kuro get really mad at him like they were his girlfriend and he was secretly cheating on them with this new girl. This is despite the fact that Kuro rejected his big confession LESS THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE THIS. What even was her plan??? You can't just publicly refuse to date someone and then get angry THE VERY NEXT DAY when some girl who you should have known he used to be close to confesses to him.

These characters are reaching levels of stupid I didn't even think was possible. Rather than shooting themselves in the foot like this I wish all the characters would shoot themselves in the head.

And Shiro also being considered his childhood friend makes me mad. The fact that author is trying to consider the girl he played with several times because her dad was his boss, and the girl he lived next to since he was born, grew up with, and helped him through the time his mother died to both be in the same childhood character position is really stupid to me. The trope of the childhood friend character is all about the character being the closest to the mc at the start of the story, not just because they knew each other as children. Kuro exactly fits the role of childhood friend while Shiro is perfectly the pretty girl he fell in love with soon after meeting her recently.

Well gonna move this to dropped now that it has reached the end of the part that I know. Might come check it out again when it has a lot more chapters to see if it continued as I expected.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, my eyes glazed over and I lost track of what was happening. Why is there suddenly a funky danceoff?

Dex-chan lover
Before folks start misundestanding(spoilerized just in case)...
She is not Maru's sister because Maru is an only child.

@GoldenGummy Shiro never confessed to Maru and he didn't confess to her. At least not from what I remember about volume 1 of the LN.

Fed-Kun's army
This is trash. Like the only good girl we had was completely dropped, and for no good reason. This could have easily, easily ended in 11 chapter (11 as the epilogue) and we would have had nice complete story that delivered on the premise given on the title. But no, we need to drop the girls IQ to 0 because we need to milk and expand this series as much as we can possibly can. What's that you say?? A compelling story??? Nah fam f that , who needs any of that when you can have a generic harem with a slight gimmick instead.

Users who are viewing this thread