The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Contributor
I don't know about the validity of this treasure/toolbox analogy, but it's clear that all of these characters are a bunch of tools.

I guess the title of the manga isn't lying
since they're both his childhood friend...

Dex-chan lover
Ah, we're so close now, I can't wait. Tetsuhiko having a moment of clarity calling the revenge scheme stupid before reverting back to being an idiot was funny. 😂

Also, remember Abe's words from the first panel on page 25 for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I know this will go to shit for all of them soon just based on the ominous foreshadowing, but Kueharu really is the character I'm rooting for the most in this story. His actions aren't unjustifiable and everyone around him seems so petty and vindictive, that he's still relatable and I can sense his struggle in who to choose more or less. He kinda reminds me of Gatsby because their fundamental character flaw and all the bad things they do in the pursuit of what stems from the same conflict of seemingly unrequited love in a world of petty and superficial people. Though, it probably won't end as badly for Kueharu as it did for Gatsby.

Though, people who've read the light novel may disagree with me on this, I hope he does find some sense of contentment.

@Kikimanox Good translation. I'll be on the edge of seat until the next one, so please hurry!

@Confused I would have agreed with you around chapter 3, but honestly as the series goes on, I'm kinda getting more and more into the writing and the depth of the characters. It might just be an acquired taste, though

@Justforthelulz I'd say that's a reoccurring motiff is that they use one another as a means to get back at people because they can't be honest with their own feelings.

Kuroha uses Kachi as a tool of revenge so she can get closer to Haru, without the competition
Kachi uses
Abe
as a tool so she can get closer to MC and get revenge for breaking her heart by quitting as a child
Abe uses Haru's past and his trauma as a tool to get closer to Kachi
And Haru uses them all to get revenge, but he's too internally conflicted to play it out

It's kinda brilliant because it's a game of chess where no one is winning and everyone is losing because no one can be honest with themselves or express how they really feel, so the barriers of communication have fallen into a petty game of endlessly trying to get back at one another of perceived transgressions.

@BZo1480
Is it the youtube thing? Is he gonna get harassed from fans and become a recluse because of the trauma of his past?

Dex-chan lover
fucking A... i can feel the cluster fuck cringe fest on the distance

Double-page supporter
You know, I actually want Kuro to win but she fucked up. Instead of accepting the confession she rejected him to have her so called "revenge". So dumb.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
It's more that it's extremely prophetic given what happens at the end of the Confession Festival. Also, a minor correction: Abe isn't using Maru to get close to Kachi, he's seriously only doing this to get Maru to act again.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda feels weird to have an MC that I don't completely despise. Interested to see where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
I never thought that the guy who got found out was three-timing then proceeded to seven-time was the only one in this whole series who can think...

And no I'm not salty ,because I looked forward to this series since I thought short haired childhood friend would win only to get bamboozled so hard.

Dex-chan lover
The idiiot childhood friend. I hope that one other girl wins.

Its wrong to wish for Axe-kun because this series is someone's money. But, man is it hard to go through this one.

Users who are viewing this thread