The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose!

It's absolutely amazing how this manages to combine the worst parts of Nisekoi and Masamune's Revenge.

it was just fine until I heard the words
child prodigy
and then i instantly dropped it

@Shekelbergstein420

I'm not exactly sure why I keep checking for updates. It has the feel of watching a train wreck.

The story unfolds differently from what I expected.

Kachi Shirokusa's realization that she's made an awful mistake comes earlier than what I had expected. However, Kachi Shirokusa's advice initially feels genuinely honest (at first glance), is then made to look suspect, and then made to look honest again. It's a twist that is tough to balance. But it does have that sit-com feeling I can't seem to shake: waiting for the train wreck.

So, we'll just have to see where this goes. Maybe they'll give us a brilliant ending?

The low rating may be due to train-wreck expectations. But I'm willing to tough it out a while longer.

Dex-chan lover
image8-1.gif

This manga/light novel is the revenge round 4d chess of love comedies. Not Dungeon Defense levels of complexity, but still up there.
Light novel is much better in my opinion with how much further forward in plot it is. Same translation group as well.
At the point of mid volume 2 I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I understand the low score based on how it doesnt really make sense yet - it will get there.

@fapaczer Thanks for the tip. Using my uber Google Ninja skills, I have found the LN and I am giving it a read.

It feels like this story has some serious potential. I am not sure I agree with the story "really doesn't make sense yet." It does. I think this may be the issue.

With the little that has occurred, it almost feels like a train wreck story.

But—as stated earlier, I want to see where this goes, and the months between chapter releases makes it not worth waiting for the picture version over the text version.

So, I have donned my web suit and have decided it is time to read the LN. Here is to hoping this is not a train-wreck cringe fest! Woo woo! 🙂

EDIT: Gosh, I hope other light novels are not this bad. Meandering, senseless and childish. It feels like it's written by a middle-schooler.

Dex-chan lover
When is Chapter 9 gonna get uploaded , Checked the Raws , it have Chapter 9 uploaded a month ago.

i need the 9 chapter they left us with the doubt about what's going to happen now in the show what happens?!!

I thought in the beginning that this was bad because of the rating and the first chapter. But then, holy, I might actually really like this.

Users who are viewing this thread