The S-Class Hunter Doesn't Want to Be a Villainous Princess - Ch. 14

Double-page supporter
I highly doubt that's the saintess, I'm thinking she gave that to somebody else to appear dead so the crown prince would leave her alone (unless of course, our corpse was bewitched to burn to death.)
If that's true that'd mean Lian is probably evil and I'm honestly so sick of seeing an evil saintess.

Dex-chan lover
I highly doubt that's the saintess, I'm thinking she gave that to somebody else to appear dead so the crown prince would leave her alone (unless of course, our corpse was bewitched to burn to death.)
If that's true that'd mean Lian is probably evil and I'm honestly so sick of seeing an evil saintess.
the saintess thought she was in danger when she left, and her faking their death does not really directly imply they were evil. Who knows, the threat they were running from might have actually killed them.
The chapter did mention the presence of "corruption" which we don't know much about yet.

Turning someone into charcoal is really deplorable. The guy who owns the mansion should be strung and quartered.

Dex-chan lover
It's possible it was a recently dead person or something else, fact is we have too little info to make any conclusive assumptions.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, burning to death is one of the worst ways to go, irregardless of if that body is the saintess or not

Dex-chan lover
Escape plan for a non-evil saintess:
  1. Acquire a recently deceased body (or not so recently deceased skeleton, and fill it out with pork).
  2. Infuse with holy power, put your ring on it, and set it alight.
  3. Use your power to ensure it burns to the point where it could have been anyone (including a skeleton dressed up with meat)
  4. Now everyone thinks you've burned to death and your escape is successful.
Depending on how powerful this saintess is, she may have been able to partially or fully synthesize a fake body with here power.

Thus, in this way, we could have a non-evil (and also clever!) saintess.

And so we cross our fingers and knock on wood. :haa:

Double-page supporter
Escape plan for a non-evil saintess:
  1. Acquire a recently deceased body (or not so recently deceased skeleton, and fill it out with pork).
  2. Infuse with holy power, put your ring on it, and set it alight.
  3. Use your power to ensure it burns to the point where it could have been anyone (including a skeleton dressed up with meat)
  4. Now everyone thinks you've burned to death and your escape is successful.
Depending on how powerful this saintess is, she may have been able to partially or fully synthesize a fake body with here power.

Thus, in this way, we could have a non-evil (and also clever!) saintess.

And so we cross our fingers and knock on wood. :haa:
That's...an oddly specific detail in number one 🤔.
But anyway, I hope so! After I wrote that I was hoping it might have been already dead before being burnt, being burned alive would not be pleasant at all.
I still really hope she's not evil, please webtoon don't fail me!!

Dex-chan lover
That's...an oddly specific detail in number one 🤔.
Ah, it’s a plot point in another famous manga (namely Full Metal Alchemist), they fake someone’s death by making a fake body out of meat and burning it beyond all recognition. Pork is the meat closest to human flesh
Mythbusters; also, interviews with cannibals
, and also a good deal cheaper than other meats, so it’s probably the best substitute as long as this fantasy world doesn’t stray too far from the real one in those regards.

Dex-chan lover
I hope she gets her bearing fast because that whole ordeal was sus af.
  • The fief lord didn't know her but let her stay
  • The corpse was burning only until recently
  • The corpse is on a position as if it's means to emphasize the ring

Dex-chan lover
I’m sure that’s just some brownies she rearranged into the shape of a human to cover her tracks.

Double-page supporter
Ah, it’s a plot point in another famous manga (namely Full Metal Alchemist), they fake someone’s death by making a fake body out of meat and burning it beyond all recognition. Pork is the meat closest to human flesh
Mythbusters; also, interviews with cannibals
, and also a good deal cheaper than other meats, so it’s probably the best substitute as long as this fantasy world doesn’t stray too far from the real one in those regards.
I forgot about that plot point lol, I just reread that manga not that long ago oof.

Dex-chan lover
Whewww. I definitely agree that body's not the saintess- too easy. But that's still gnarly. And I really enjoy how the past weighs on the protagonist. Its just... been so long she's kinda numb. Sometimes when things are fucked you get kinda. Casual about it. It's a survival mode.

Users who are viewing this thread