The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 14 Ch. 40.5 - Side story: A borrowed cat

Contributor
It's been a while since I read the 1st volume of the light novel, but I'm pretty sure she was a spotter for artillery, and she had delay the enemy mages so they wouldn't destroy the artillery behind her.
Yes, thats what I mean tho, if the criteria is valor in saving allies in danger, her actions as an artillery spotter under orders to delay the enemy mages wouldn't qualify, since it certainly didn't go 'above and beyond the line of duty' XD.

Dex-chan lover
The fourth wall break was great

This bonus chapter was right up there with the one where Captain Ugar thought she was getting her uh... 'monthly debuff.'

Dex-chan lover
Yes, thats what I mean tho, if the criteria is valor in saving allies in danger, her actions as an artillery spotter under orders to delay the enemy mages wouldn't qualify, since it certainly didn't go 'above and beyond the line of duty' XD.
She held off and killed the enemy squad herself and nearly died. I think she'd qualify for Ace status on that battle alone.

Contributor
She held off and killed the enemy squad herself and nearly died. I think she'd qualify for Ace status on that battle alone.
Yes, but medals are usually awarded based on very specific in criteria, and the specific criteria for silver wings medal that was never mentioned in any of the other media is specified here.

If the stated criteria is true, then her actions would qualify her for the combat medal (which is mentioned here being the assault medal and its higher ranked variants, such as with fig leaves, swords, etc., which somehow she just earned the plain assault medal rather than with fig leaves at the time - as mentioned that her medal was Silver wings assault medal, but not improved to the silver wings assault medal with fig leaves until later battles) and the title of ace, but not the silver wings add-on to the combat medal - which as mentioned require the direct act of saving lives under fire moreso than for purely success and valor in combat.

In a way, just like not all medal of honor recipient earns the purple heart, even if the purple heart is a much more common medal.

That is, assuming this manga is canon.

Group Leader
Yes, but medals are usually awarded based on very specific in criteria, and the specific criteria for silver wings medal that was never mentioned in any of the other media is specified here.

If the stated criteria is true, then her actions would qualify her for the combat medal (which is mentioned here being the assault medal and its higher ranked variants, such as with fig leaves, swords, etc., which somehow she just earned the plain assault medal rather than with fig leaves at the time - as mentioned that her medal was Silver wings assault medal, but not improved to the silver wings assault medal with fig leaves until later battles) and the title of ace, but not the silver wings add-on to the combat medal - which as mentioned require the direct act of saving lives under fire moreso than for purely success and valor in combat.

In a way, just like not all medal of honor recipient earns the purple heart, even if the purple heart is a much more common medal.

That is, assuming this manga is canon.
I just checked and the description for the criteria is taken word for word from the 1st volume of the light novel. Well, word for word in Japanese. The translation is obviously a bit different: "After all, it (The Silver Wings Assault Medal) was reserved solely for those who were like archangels coming to the rescue of allies in crisis."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
11/10 side story, love seeing the artist's art of Tanya in dresses :lul:

I wonder how weird is it that I think Tanya and Lergen would be a good match as a couple. Based on the LN, I don't think it happens but one can dream lol

Double-page supporter
Tanya: Friend, you're going to skip the chapter right ? You're not looking past this point right, RIGHT !? YOU WON'T BETRAY ME RIGHT ! ! !

one page later: Traitor ! ! !
Me: It's too rare an opportunity to look at what would be possible ! forgive my weakness ! ! !

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
a certain artist with alias h a l probably really happy when reading this side chapter

Dex-chan lover
Sure, I will skip those 10 pages

So that I can read it later, in a more appropriate environment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dex-chan lover
I'm not really a fan of this chapter. but some of it is fine, illustrating how "sheltered" she is a good addition
I think the rest of the story does it better though

Double-page supporter
Imagine the reaction of the public when all historical files declassified.

Tanya's portraits are exceedingly rare.
But the majority of them are her in cute princess outfit.

And with all those military record achievements. Will they believe it, or dismiss it as propaganda?

Dex-chan lover
Good thing it was never released to the public, or people in the post-war period would have found proof of her existence. And even if do come across the few scattered images, there's no way they'd believe the Empire's God of War wore frilly dresses and made cute poses!

Dex-chan lover
"Our country holds no expansionist ambitions whatsoever. We don't even dare dream of conquering new territories" she said, lying through her teeth. Also hates the images but still tells Visha where there might be more :smugchisato:

Contributor
Tanya: Friend, you're going to skip the chapter right ? You're not looking past this point right, RIGHT !? YOU WON'T BETRAY ME RIGHT ! ! !

one page later: Traitor ! ! !
Me: It's too rare an opportunity to look at what would be possible ! forgive my weakness ! ! !
Big “The Monster at the End of this Book” vibes

760977.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread