The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 4 Ch. 14.1 - Ladies’ Day

Others have mentioned this already, but corsets were no more torture devices than modern blue jeans. As then as now, women try to cram their bodies into a size too small for them.

Tight corsets also make it easier to get pneumonia since the wearer can't take a deep breath.

Why would anyone from our time allow themselves to be tortured with those if you know how terrible they were for people back then? Why does everyone who goes to another world lose their backbone in the trip?

Fed-Kun's army
I guess wearing a corset once for maybe like a day isn't going to affect you too much but she's from modern Japan, she should already know how terrible corsets are for you.

Oh my god, guys. Corsets do not have to be torture. This is a myth. It only sucks like this, when you insist on wearing a corset too small for you. And there are only a few time periods where people were wearing such intense corsetry, and usually it was only the wealthy.

She can’t just not wear the corset, she will not be able to wear any of the dresses, or at least get the desired look, since they’re designed with a corset in mind.

@thelilyofheaven over tighten the corset allows for a slimmer looking waist line, but honestly it was only suppose to be for back and bust support. In pursuit of this ultimate beauty, the merciless over tightening trend is what created the myth of corsets being torture devices with all kinds of bad effects from wearing them... they are actually healthy to wear if you do it properly -.- proper back and bust support means less strain on your hips and shoulders with proper posture to prevent a whole host of problems that occur later in life. Since the goth lolita style of dress is one of my personal favorites, it really urks me when people claim a product faulty when they didn't even read the instruction manual -.-

Users who are viewing this thread