The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 5 Ch. 20.4

Let’s be honest. We all wanted to see more Hawk-san and FL interactions. //squeals

@AMicrowave

The first prince will be on house arrest and Aira-chan will no longer be under his care but with the second prince. Lizzy and Sei will also help Aira-chan adjust better.

Sei is that type, huh. 😏
She pretend she's not affected then runs away because she's embarrassed. CUTE~😍

Dex-chan lover
Logically she's the most important person on that mission, that is, the most irreplaceable, so it makes sense she needs to help with the dinner preparations.

Dex-chan lover
We finally found out what the enchantment on the hair ornament does!

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme Doesn't her food give buffs? Regardless of importance, that doesn't mean she shouldn't help out where she can.

Dex-chan lover
@Podi125 She has her own duty as a part of the platoon. Someone else has cooking as their duty. That's how military works, unless it's a mission where every person is responsible for their own food (combat rations). Nobody can help her with healing magic (or being a saint), so that's what she should put her whole effort into. When she's not needed for cooking food, her presence, as a VIP of a sort, might just hamper it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme Except that doesn't really work when she is the only one capable of fulfilling the role of a buffer. Other people in the military can make food, but they cannot provide buffs. Her role (as a saintess) is that of a buffer and healer, so cooking food is 100% under her jurisdiction. If she was just cooking food without any effects you would be right, but since her food boosts the strength of her company, you are not.

Dex-chan lover
@Podi125 Actually, I don't want to argue against you, as what you said makes sense. Too bad she won't be compensated for the extra work of cooking, just like she's not compensated for any work she does. Even if they offered her +20% to have her add a buff effect to the food, it would still be exactly zero coins she gets because she's not paid anything. She's working for the smiles of the bishounen. That's my gripe with this series, and indeed the bottom reason why I even tried to say anything against you. Sorry about that.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme Ye this is mainly because they are in a medieval time period. Knights and modern day soldiers are given salaries for their duties, so a Saintess should as well. But, they don't do this because they don't want to give her autonomy. They just eat all of her expenses, as in she just sends them the bill, so she can't really be free. They have offered her both land and money as rewards for being exceptional, but that is so they can tie her down. In the modern military they pay you with a salary, because you are easily replaceable and you sign a contract. If you break it you can be imprisoned, so there are consequences for deserting. They can't do that with a Saintess, because she simply cannot be punished by the law without severe backlash. Not to mention she isn't easily replaceable. So they are trying to keep her on a short leash. The manga didn't really explain that bit much and I might be guessing a bit, but considering they are so obsessed with rewarding her, it's can't be just for gratitude. Also np, I'm just having fun here.

Dex-chan lover
@Podi125 True. That's as such, is not so surprising considering they are facing the monster threat and her work can save lots of lives, even make a difference in the big picture of the ongoing fight. So, it's natural they would want to keep her and do all kinds of little things to keep her on a short leash, like you said. Since that's realistic, it doesn't bother me as such. It's what they logically would at least try to do. The thing bothering me is that she's accepting it all without a single complaint. It's one thing to love her work, which all the time produces satisfying results and she's concretely helping people she values. But at the same time, she doesn't seem to be bothered at all by that extremely short leash. She's little better than an indentured servant, except for the seemingly gentle treatment and attention she gets. She can't even leave the palace area on her own, not that she could do much out there without money.

I don't care how handsome Sei thinks the men around her are. She should strive to be her own woman, now that she's in a fantasy world. Right now she's no better than the harem women flocking around an MC dude in a shounen series. I dislike weak-willed main characters, regardless of their gender.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme Ye I respect your opinion on that. I would say her adamant refusal to take land, money, servants, titles etc. shows that she isn't completely weak-willed, but she isn't really moving towards her own independence. She doesn't need to, since everything she needs can be taken care of, but it does feel weird that she doesn't feel constricted.

Users who are viewing this thread