The Second Coming of Gluttony - Vol. 1 Ch. 44

What the hell, is it me or is this chapter very rushed, they didn’t even explain how they got 40000 points?

Dex-chan lover
This adaptation was pure garbage from the start, aside from the first few chapters and Maria. But webtoon readers have only themselves to blame for this, with their constant whining about slow pacing. Well, now it's fast thanks to rushing and skipping, but you have no clue what's going on anymore. Congrats.
L6ucyHl.png

Don't know what ya'll complaining about tbh. It doesn't really take all that much to piece together what happened in between even without an explanation.

@Halo That's true if I hadn't read the novel first I wouldn't get any of these at all. The story is jumping here and there and feels like were missing some panels but its not.
@boshudio The novel took almost 40 chs alone on the entrance to Paradise and those chapters were long. I wouldn't be surprised if the supposed length for the manhwa would be around 50 chs to finish it. Why can't people appreciate the world building? ugh

it seems like it got dropped, the way they try to cram everything into one chap makes it so shitty

Nooo the story really takes off the moment they leave this place hope they drop it! I really do recommend the novel!

@boshudio

Nope the author doesn't know what he's doing. First he rushes the first few chapters then he decides to add filler and wastes time with it and the goes back again to rushing the whole story. Like someone wrote a few chapters ago it's like the author didn't even bother to read the novel - probably just skimmed through it.

Fed-Kun's army
@GrimThoughts So because we were displeased that the manhwaga was needlessly stretching the least interesting part of the story, he decided to cut content when the manwha was actually beginning to get interesting...?

Group Leader
@Maala Like many other comments so far.... A LOT of details and suspends have been skipped.

iirc; from last chapter,

* MC toyed with the skele until the skele boss "suicide".
* Yun Seora (the bandage arm girl) was struggle through "hell" before being rescued by MC. In webtoon it just seem like she got off easy.
* The 80k points, MC did A LOT of thinking before joining the big shots crew. It shows how desperate and short on time MC is... how seriousness Yun Seora's condition is in. It gives me chill reading the condition her arm was in.
* During the "trial" to join the crew, MC performs far beyond everyone's expectations. This emphasis on how much OP MC is compared to other big shots.
* Yun Seora was still on death bed from fatigue even after Maria healed her arm. She didn't just walk out of out of the door as portrayed in webtoon. I found this skipped content the most betrayal second to the skele boss suicide. Yun Seora was last unconscious after going through hell, thinking it's better to let go of her life. She then wakeup in a strange room. The siblings are the first to greet her... joking she's in heaven. It was a touching moment of someone who thought she's a gonner, but found out she's alive and healthier than ever. Later She grew curious and attached to MC as to why he helped strangers like her. This give you a glimpse of what "Paradise" is all about... survival the fittest.

These are just from the last 2 chapters.

Yes, the tutorial was slow to a crawl.... but it has its moments.

As for reading the novel....I would start off during the skele mission. so chapter 27 or 28 of the novel.
You'll sink in hours a day for a few weeks to catch up. But it's worth it. Trust me. I even shoved in $$$ to get the latest chapters. Worth every pennies.
https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/the-second-coming-of-gluttony/scog-chapter-28

Of note. This webtoon chapter alone equals 3 chapters of novel.

@DrDuckling Sankju! I was looking for some new novels anyways as my i caught up with all that i have been reading recently.

@Asta isnt it a great feeling that you factually have an impact on the story (of the manhua) as a reader? /s

Maybe todays shitty Mr. Readers (eg trolly cunts between the age of 10-40) should actually (re)learn to respect authors and artistic freedom.
You dont like it? Then dont read it.
The Author will decide to switch sth with the storytelling either way if they dont have an income, but the big difference is it wont be out of spite (like how it feels now with this butchering) but an actual goodwilled selfimprovenent as an Author and an Artist. Of course success rate wont be 100% and we will lose some good reads but there would not be as much useless, tiring toxicity.

/rant about the freedom of interweb

Fed-Kun's army
@Maala Your post reminds me of the "Don't Ask Questions, Just Consume Product and Then Get Excited for Next Products" meme
I do agree that you should respect the author, as you should respect any human being.
But there's a difference between insulting the author and criticizing what he produced.
If people think something is bad, they should say it. Though I do agree think some people are unnecessarily rude about it, but I'm willing to bet the author would rather have people pointing out the flaws in his manhwa so that he can fix them, rather than having more and more people silently dropping it until it becomes financially not worth to keep going.
We went from covering half a WN chapter per manwha chapters, to covering 3 WN per chapters for Christ sake

Is there someone rushing them to finish the manhua as fast as possible or what? that's not rushing anymore, they're doing some Olympic jumps on the novel

Did they just skip the part that was in the impossible mission!! Although it is short that does not mean you should skip it with all the talking that happen in there!!

Users who are viewing this thread