The Second Coming of Gluttony

the novel covers far more than the manga, and it's finished. Also, as someone who's read the novel, Haramag makes me wanna off someone

j5eiw.jpg

Aggregator gang
This is like inverse Solo Leveling to me so far. For that series, the manhwa is incredible while the novel is just good, and for SCOG, the novel is god-tier while the manhwa adaptation is great, but not spectacular (but who knows, we’re still in the manhwa’s early stages, it could get drastically better. My main issue with the manhwa stems from the pacing, which has the potential to be resolved)

Hi a novel reader here... WHAT A SCAM, I came here to see
if they showed the Hugo and Archer sex scene(whose ded now) but they just made it as if it did happen at all. I can imagine Chohung better in my mind than the manhwa artist. Hope that they at least make Yuhui good looking but she will most prolly be shown at season 2 end

As a novel reader this is such a let down. Not only do they never explain how the MC came to know Carpe Diem members and be accepted by them (by aiding in combats while they were in the wagon where a girl that was supposed to be with them dies), but all the adaptation is extremely rushed. With a web novel that is better than Solo Levelling this adaptation a huge disappointment.

@IsekaiHoe12 The novel is bad though... like a hudge letdown bad. It turned from 8/10 to 2/10 really fast. From big and major comic level like fairy tale, one piece etc, to chinese wuxia novel level shit... worst disappointment I had in years.

@Teney Bro, sorry, but I think you're dead wrong here, novel definitely has the ups on this manhwa. Relationships are way more fleshed out and the emotional journey Seol makes is a lot more rewarding. Season 1 of the manhwa also felt pretty rushed towards the end, like they were trying to cram in the whole Tutorial arc in those last few chapters. In my personal opinion, wuxia novels' got nothing on the novel version of SCOG.

@GEORGEM Just going to put my review from 8 months back here again:
He remains obvious in all his relationships while trying to get every female.
Gets lucky at every corner and foremost gets lucky powerups later on, mid fight. You cant justify it with his abilities..
When the story enters the war it becomes something like: Evil guys can kill him 1000 times, but take a milllion years to do so until they get obstructed by guys that come after people almost die (they dont, since plot armor is too strong), then he gets a rediculous power up, has injuries that would kill any person (even by the standards of that story). And... he still survives, with just as rediculous justifications.
Of course he has to recover for 5 months so that is seems more dramatic.

Oh, and dont forget the patriotism and shit like how they compare rediculous training and surviving to the korean army. The character designs of other countries are bad as well.

Dont forget that most of the high rankers that come into contact with him are women.
Hell, even the villains are women, some sadomaso shit was put into the banquet, to still the lust of some fetishists.
Although I found the first stage entertaining because it had a similiar concept to the movie "the experiment".

I have read until chap 191, I dont know if I will be able to read this one through the end, its better than "Martial God Asura" but it is worse than any of the novels "I Eat Tomatoes" has written until now.
Now that I read my comment I gave it a 3/10, but I was reading chinese wuxia back than, so it is understandable why the score was a bit better.
Its has the cringe of japanese patriotism mixed with chinese caring for parents cringe, but both to a lesser degree. And more cringe and even more plot armor and even more bad charackter design.
And from what I read in some spoilers it gets even worse.
But nvm, maybe the comic will be better. Didnt read any of season 2, still.

@Lorik EXACTLY. Overgeared got a reboot and it's doing great. I don't understand why some authors decide to change the artist of their manhwa after they end every season, it happened the same to moonlight sculptor and now this manhwa, i get they are trying to make it better, but isn't the manhwa supposed to be the hook for people to read the novel and make it more famous? . It's so sad because the story seemed to have a lot of potential. But they just murdered it with some unexplainable rushing towards the end of season 1 and now to make things worse they change the artist. I can barely keep track of all the faces i see, i can't remember these being the same names whatsoever. i'm not fluent in korean so it's worse, idk if this is something related to the scanlation but man..

Miss Foxy looks like a generic secretary FFS.She is extremely put together coz she thinks it reflects her role as an organizer and that shaggy haired ponytail looks so out of place, character wise
@MangaManiac05 - Given that the person you brought up was absent at the end of S1. you are expecting too much

it must be hard for a manhwa to be completely faithful to the source novel, especially such a detailed and amazing novel like SCOG. when it comes to manhwa adaptations of novels, i see a lot of complaints about missing details. probably my biggest complaint would be that manhwa publishers will leave out the scenes/details that are considered too lewd :(

wait, i didnt know this is related to Memorize (shared universe)
well, this is much better to read than stupid ass memorize because the mc is actually much more likeable

Double-page supporter
real talk this is straight up garbage, the novel is a 100x better then this up to a certain point.

Users who are viewing this thread