The Second Coming of Gluttony

Miss Foxy's character design is too generic. She's suppose to be 3rd best looking females
Yuhui and sweonwha being the top 2

God damn do I dislike this manhwa, not because it's bad but because the novel is one of my top 5 and its absolutely a 100% must-read actually a 100% must read several times.

For those who enjoy reading novels/books don't take this as an example of the novel just go and read it. You will thank me later.

It hits all the spots absolutely epic, sad, bitter, sweet, lovely, absolute butt-clenching moments character progression, lovely characters, interesting world, failure and success it ticked all my boxes. Hopefully, It will tick all your boxes as well if you decide to pick it up.

@Virro
How is it better? I’d like to try and read it but I just don’t like the idea of reading just text. Don’t get me wrong, I love reading books, Ive read a lot of thick books in my schools library, I just don’t like doing it with a screen, it gives me headaches. But if I like it enough, I’ll for sure do it.

Anyone know where can I follow the work of the artist in senson1? can't find him/her anywhere on social media

@Thoxi1026 well, the novel gives the full extent of the amazing character growth of the story and it shows more of the unique world building as the info dumps are quite well done and aren't boring to read, its also well translated by wuxiaworld (wuxiaworld.com/novel/the-second-coming-of-gluttony) that it doesnt affect the story at all, well maybe im a bit biased since i enjoyed every chapter of the novel... either way i know that first time reading a novel in a screen feels uncomfortable but youll get used to it if you continuously read novels.

@Virro, yeh, the only thing that really irks me away from reading novels is possibly straining my eyes and it’s also somewhat trying, I’ll try to read it bit by bit tho at novelupdates, hopefully I’ll grow accustomed to it.

Honestly feels like I should’ve read the novel first before the manhwa, one of the things I loved about reading books was letting my imagination flow.

@Thoxi1026 Yeah, the great thing about reading novels is letting your imaginations work, the manwha kinda takes that away from me

I love how a large majority of the comments are like read the book. Literally giving the same vibe as, bro the manga is way better.

Also can someone just give an explanation for the sudden shift of character design in season 2. The protagonist doesnt even resemble season 1 so it would be great.

I have some mixed feelings. This is a good comic, but it’s a horrible adaption. The story feels disjointed and rushed, skipping a lot of small things which constantly add up to the point I’m wondering if there are chapters missing.

Also funny how there’s the “read the novel” circle jerk every chapter.

Double-page supporter
Already read the TL'd novel to completion a few months back and agree that details and several worldbuilding, character introductions/ interactions, POVs, humorous, and filler-y scenes are skipped
(some of which are understandable, as it might not translate well in a manhwa format if followed; e.g.: adding a scene for every-time he uses the eye to show other's status might be TMI in a Manhwa, ofc except for when it is important to show it)

Not sure if it's due to prior knowledge of the LN filling the missing parts that might've made the story flow a bit jarring for others, but I'm enjoying this adaptation

I feel somewhat disappointed... Idk I wasn't expecting much but the Achilles heel of this Manhwa is that the LN is so good, its more funny (because of more character interactions and side plots), it has more depth (obviously it's an LN).

Users who are viewing this thread