The Secret of the Partner Next to You - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the quick uploads :), i would proofread by my english is bad even as a first language >,>. also i just checked i hope this has a good end at 62 as it looks like thats where the raw posted a notice of cessation D: though that was posted like 4 days ago.

EDIT: Someone clarified, it looks like google translate messed up on the post and its a small hiatus not an axe.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The English is fine. I mean, there are some clunky wordings here and there that don't sound natural to a native reader, but it's not bad at all. I say this as a native English speaker as well as someone who has done some professional editing.

Completely different topic, though, Jiwon's character development is just bad. She has a friend. It's that one girl she hangs out with at school, who has a part time job. I know that's not directly related to her flashback here, but it kind of shows how forced the author is making her to be sympathetic. She may have been a victim in the past. I get it. But she's no longer a victim (except a stalking victim). She is doing okay-ish. She has a friend. And more importantly, she is now a perpetrator. She is targeting other people and making their lives worse. But the author has to make her look sympathetic to have her be even a somewhat viable love interest.

I posted in the previous chapter comments about how disappointed I am with how the writer is using her character, and it's just continuing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Jiwon's character development is just bad. She has a friend. It's that one girl she hangs out with at school, who has a part time job. I know that's not directly related to her flashback here, but it kind of shows how forced the author is making her to be sympathetic. She may have been a victim in the past. I get it. But she's no longer a victim (except a stalking victim). She is doing okay-ish. She has a friend. And more importantly, she is now a perpetrator. She is targeting other people and making their lives worse. But the author has to make her look sympathetic to have her be even a somewhat viable love interest.

I posted in the previous chapter comments about how disappointed I am with how the writer is using her character, and it's just continuing.
Couldn't have put it better myself and I hate that I can't help but agree. I don't dislike her as a character, but I definitely favored her more when it seemed like she was going to develop more. I wish her development wasn't so two steps forward and one step back.

Dex-chan lover
Shit, he's back in sexyman mode.
squidward-oh-no-hes-hot.gif

Group Leader
The English is fine. I mean, there are some clunky wordings here and there that don't sound natural to a native reader, but it's not bad at all. I say this as a native English speaker as well as someone who has done some professional editing.

Completely different topic, though, Jiwon's character development is just bad. She has a friend. It's that one girl she hangs out with at school, who has a part time job. I know that's not directly related to her flashback here, but it kind of shows how forced the author is making her to be sympathetic. She may have been a victim in the past. I get it. But she's no longer a victim (except a stalking victim). She is doing okay-ish. She has a friend. And more importantly, she is now a perpetrator. She is targeting other people and making their lives worse. But the author has to make her look sympathetic to have her be even a somewhat viable love interest.

Yeah some of the words I'm translating from don't exactly have a good English translation and then i forget to correct some of the english grammar before i upload, we recently got an offer for help from Korean translator so hopefully they give input on what they're actually saying from the Korean raws.

On the Jiwon topic, I think that they just want her to be a love interest to push the main 2 to date and then add her to friend group as a changed person. Also I think the artist just likes showing her off 😄. I haven't read ahead either since I'm also an avid reader for the English vers so I'm just reading it as I translate and typeset.

thanks for the quick uploads :), i would proofread by my english is bad even as a first language >,>. also i just checked i hope this has a good end at 62 as it looks like thats where the raw posted a notice of cessation D: though that was posted like 4 days ago.
Bro you had me spooked. I think the google translation is definitely weird. Luckily its not ending it is just a short haitus for that week. You can see other "cessations" in the previous weeks for the raws.

Dex-chan lover
Bro you had me spooked. I think the google translation is definitely weird. Luckily its not ending it is just a short haitus for that week. You can see other "cessations" in the previous weeks for the raws.
thanks lmao, yeah i had to use google translate, as in my message my english sucks so reading another language is not that easy for me so google helps lol. Thanks for the clarify ill edit my message.

Dex-chan lover
I pretty much remain for the ogre/elf relationship at this point sadly. Tsundere never gonna win girl while understandable personality just was over played by the author and her "redemption" arc feels hollow.

We know the main couple will happen but it'll be dragged out til the end.

Dex-chan lover
I knew she should have stopped him from guzzling down that wine.

Users who are viewing this thread