The Secret of the Partner Next to You - Vol. 2 Ch. 70

Dex-chan lover
Damn, didn't know that she had this terrible of a past but I'm really glad that she didn't quit school or done something much horrid than that, I'm very glad that she put her past behind her and moved forward, even if it was to become a slight bully, but I'm glad that she didn't go revenge hunting and forgets those memories

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!

Personally, I still don't like the direction the author has gone with Ha Jinwon. It feels like a redemption arc to paper over how horrible she started out.

My fear is that the author may do something with this new character from her past, Song Yeeun. Introduce her as a horrible girl and have the MC fix her.

I can fix her.

Dex-chan lover
I'll never understand the whole "You rejected the person I like?!" revenge trope. Like... Yo. That's more advantageous for you than anything. Did she expect something like "Yay! You hurt and gave the person who rejected me trauma! I love you so much!"?

I mean sure, I guess the issue is instead that someone else was confessed to but there was nothing stopping you from doing it. But nooo, gotta flip the mega-cunt switch and display how much of a red flag was raised and what kind of bullet was dodged for the person rejected.

Personally, I still don't like the direction the author has gone with Ha Jinwon. It feels like a redemption arc to paper over how horrible she started out.
Same. I mean, I like that they're fleshing out the backgrounds but it feels like unnecessary draws of sympathy for her. I feel like she has already had a redemption from her introduction, sure, she's still rude and bratty as all hell but it's clear it isn't said with malicious intent.

Dex-chan lover
I smack the fuck out that pink haired bitch if I was a female, hands up its same sex vs same sex match

MD@Home
Is portraying bullies as inhuman monster caricatures a manwha thing...? This is like the umpteenth time I'm seeing the same crap.

Supporter
I'll never understand the whole "You rejected the person I like?!" revenge trope.
It makes sense if you put yourself in their petty little bitch shoes. There’s jealousy from someone else being chosen by their crush instead of the petty bitch. Rejecting the crush can be interpreted as a status claim or value judgement over the petty bitch (I.e. “what you aspire to is beneath me.”) And finally, while the petty bitch might make nice to protect her status with her crush if the confession was accepted, there’s much less risk in openly targeting someone who is unaffiliated with their crush.

Users who are viewing this thread