The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Ch. 233

VLM

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter! Man it has been about 8 months since the last update on this site.

Dex-chan lover
Why do people do this? If the previous chapters aren't here, why just jump ahead massively? :/
I don't actually know, but some scanlators don't like dex cause they can't advertise (or some other petty bs) and choose not to upload on dex. At some point, it gets really irritating that I either go to the site or an aggregator in order to read, and it's coming to the point where I believe that the aggregator is the morally correct choice.

Dex-chan lover
I don't actually know, but some scanlators don't like dex cause they can't advertise (or some other petty bs) and choose not to upload on dex. At some point, it gets really irritating that I either go to the site or an aggregator in order to read, and it's coming to the point where I believe that the aggregator is the morally correct choice.
Reminds me of the Jaiminis Box days.

Dex-chan lover
Why not just go to the scanlator site

Dex-chan lover
Why not just go to the scanlator site
It gets untrackable at that point, havi715 ~ 20 scanlators, some of them having unusable sites, etc. It's easier and more manageable to just go on an aggregator with AdBlock on than to maintain those sites

MD@Home
Right now, Luminous Scans have up to ch. 232.
And i would rather read on a scanlator website, than to deal with shitty chinese watermarks, terrible image quality and AI/ML crappy translations.

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone bowing down to mangadex is not good at all, and anyone is allowed to have their own site if they want. You are just being entitled.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone bowing down to mangadex is not good at all, and anyone is allowed to have their own site if they want. You are just being entitled.
Choom, when the other sites do the right thing and direct to official sources/services, then you'd be right about entitlement cause I like dex's format, but with most of the scanlators I've seen, most haven't done the done bare minimum, and a lot of them likely won't as they're in it for qick cash, ala traffic on their site.

Even the "bowing down to mangadex" is flawed because dex was trying to cut down onscalpers/con artist, bad scanlations, outright piracy, and othe malpractice. I think it akin to a communal pirate bookstore, everyone knows it's "extra-legal", but we'll work with authorities so the whole bookstore doesn't get shut down; for some, it's a bastion from the malware-ridden places (that could be scanlators or aggregators)).

You're also right that they don't have to post it on mangadex, but it's more guaranteed that certain projects, such as old obscure works, likely won't get the same recognition and'd die with that scanlator. Some of the series I've read, I also picked up official releases (I'll conceitedly believe I was the main contributor to the Ragna Crimson anime), Ikigami, Angel Densetsu, 20th Century Boys, and Akumetsu.

After mulling it over, though you said it in irritation, I'm likely entitlement but not without good reason. I've had more positive experiences with dex or other aggregators, and not with scanlator sites and the petty bs that goes within those circles (insert GOW Atreus talking down to Brock and Sindri here)

Users who are viewing this thread