The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

Group Leader
@Nick86 Np. I hope you understand why something they earn even if its just pocket money is better then nothing. As someone who did fansubs you will in a similar boat of why you did fansubs. But as time goes on and we get bigger we need to move in a positive direction to help support people if we can. The longer a group exists the more we must implement a long-term strategy to keep them with us.

Contributor
@trashscanlations - No problem, you did a great job, and i like your release, as an old fansubber myself i completely understand your pov. Do what you like and have fun mate, this is the only thing that really matter in the end. :)

This whole things just looks like drama for drama's sake, I'm on the side of TS since I don't like the way the snipers went about it, but I doubt they care about it.
Anyway, it's always a good laugh reading about some people complaining about scanlators and translators taking too long to release it and also jumping on them whenever it's talk about money.
"Translating is supposed to be a labor of love, from fans for the fans... but you should also do it daily and not take any kind of compensation for it... Even though my only contributions to the community are thousands of shitposts, I expect better from those I leech..."

Dex-chan lover
@trashscanlations Honestly, the best way to disprove any drama is to just keep working like always, I approve of your work ethic, and as long as there is no proof of the allegations made by the other group, then you are completely innocent in all.

Fed-Kun's army
Meh don't care as long as the content gets to mangadex i'm happy, grateful to the guys who put in the time to bring stuff to us... But That No-Group team dropped 5 chapters on us back to back don't think TS has done that recently. Either way seems like a childish beef, hope it gets resolved.

Fed-Kun's army
@trashscanlations Thank you for your efforts, but please have someone proof read your work. Given that the first statement of chapter dialogue is broken into two broken sentences with yoda grammar is a poor example of the kind of quality you clearly aspire to release. Reasonable grammar and spelling should be important for your group especially in the long run.

(you guys really should get a better proofer, though, considering the "random nobody sniping" ended up higher quality than this release)

I'm going to be honest I like reading this series however that delay status is annoying but if another group can do this faster and correct without delays I'm supporting them instead

Dex-chan lover
>first page
OH THE EDGE
Help your ESL-kun with better proofing at least.

Honestly I don't care I'm just here to read if someone else can speed up the process I'm going to read it
It's the internet wars are gonna happen you either man up and accept the fact that it's a tedious job or complain and call foul because someone else got bored from waiting and did the rest so everyone can read it

I'm not gonna argue with this

holy shit that dumbass announcement. these are the guys scanlating the shit you read. lmao

Dex-chan lover
First Paragraph in first page announcement is a bit too... whiney? in tone for my liking. A bit unprofessional.
But other points (which i have read in comment section before) is okay.

Nevertheless, well, i think TS work is a bit more refined than WM one. Just my opinion.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@SpacyRicochet

aeJB8un.png

Dex-chan lover
@trashscanlations:
1) You keep taking donations for the series after it has been released freely. So you didn't debunk anything, you just confirmed what the other group stated.
I am not saying that this is an entirely wrong thing to do, but their argument stands.
2) The fact that there are groups that put up paywalls in not an argument nor is it relevant. It's good old: "but there are worse than me, so please ignore anything negative". At the end of the day, it is correct that you base release speed on donations.
3) There's no reason for anybody to be afraid from "how big you have become". It is an assumption about the others' motivation that makes no sense whatsoever. Then you additionally get to casually sh!t on other groups - definitely doesn't help your point. That's especially rich coming from you considering that the no name group released better scans in a fraction of the time it takes you to.
4) Once again: "others use a paywall" is not an argument nor were you accused of that.
5) They don't seem to be a group created for "fame/attention" either, since they didn't even add a website. There's literally nothing backing up such claims. They stand to gain nothing by translating 5 chapters in a row, the same cannot be said about you since you get donations, on the contrary they are sacrificing their free time, while sabotaging your system of paying for faster releases. The lack of website, donations or anything, is a fairly strong indicator that they had no veiled interest in doing this, while you obviously do, at least to some degree.
You also never address the point about you having taken more series that you can handle.

I am more inclined to believe the other group considering their arguments vs your 'arguments'. You stand to gain by keeping the series, they do not. It is as simple as that.

P.S. You're also literally wasting your time and doing your donators a disservice by translating an already translated chapter, rather than use the opportunity to speed up your other releases. Which once again goes to show that you care more about your group stamp being there, rather than actually translating it for the readers.

Dex-chan lover
What do scanlators lose from not having the first and exclusive release of chapters? Pride? Accomplishments? Revenue?

I never understood the "exclusive rights to scanlate a series" rule of scanlators, when they claim it's just a hobby with no profit.
All I understand is that I've seen more series that got forgotten cause some scanlator group "held the rights to scanlate it" when they barely release chapters of it. Better to have multiple groups working on a series than having none at all, I say. Better yet if the groups are translating differently, one more literal, another so deep in localization the whole meaning is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread