The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Man, if I had to bet I bet Mr. Skeleton is gonna be the anti-Goblin Slayer, rescuing the unfortunate gobbo slaves ;-; Thanks again for your efforts!

I feel pretty iffy about crossbow bolts penetrating full plate armor at angles like that. They should just ricochet. Not to mention reload times, even with the game-y setting, new bolts shouldn't just appear in the devices, usually you had to set the muzzle on the ground, put your foot in a stirrup, and crank the line back before nocking the next round.

Dex-chan lover
@Qubac12 Nah, it's a translation fuck up.

Like, what THAT means is that you get hit, say, with one Skill that hits 20 times. First hit is 900 hp, second hit is 300 hp, third hit is 100 hp... so on and so forth. The _damage_ is, in fact, decreasing rapidly. First lots of damage, then little damage.
What you are thinking of is that notification just before that says "damage received is being reduced by 40%". Sure. Because of his resistances, all incoming damage down by 40%.
But that is not the same as "the damage is decreasing rapidly". That implies a progression.

It just makes no sense. Unless it's poisoned arrows or something, the arrows ALREADY hit and dealt damage. He already took the damage, he's not "taking" it anymore, therefore it cannot be "decreasing". And even if it was poisoned arrows, the sentence then would be "the damage I'm receiving" not "the damage I received".

I mean, feel free to ignore all of this. It's not important, not relevant to the story, and even for an average translation this specific thing is not THAT glaring. But trust me, I'm a language teacher and translator, that sentence is wrong XD
In many ways.

Users who are viewing this thread